Why become a member? ×

NBD! It's red, it has one pickup and it's drop dead gorgeous

BassAgent

So last year I wanted to buy a new bass, partly for tax reasons but mainly just because I wanted to. So after very, very short deliberations with myself I decided. Sander de Gier was going to build me a brand new Soulmate; I already own a Bebop 5 string and that's a great bass too, so what could possibly go wrong?

The specs were pretty easy for me: I wanted dots & binding, lollipop tuners, a sixties sound and a Candy Apple Red finish. I ordered it in September and picked it up today. And what. A. Bass. It's hands down one of the best Precisions I've ever played. The neck, the sustain, the sound... Everything is just perfect. It's a great add to my '71 Precision. Sander told me it's the first Soulmate ever with dots & binding, and possibly the first De Gier bass ever with lollipop tuners.

I'd love to make some family pics but I'm currently in the middle of moving so that has to wait. 

exUmIYe.jpg
eHohlDz.jpg
eOWEY3M.jpg

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 9

I know I'm gushing now - but the sig on the headstock is one of the few I've seen that doesn't look cramped, or too square on a curved object, or like someone smashed something out on photoshop and asked 'will this do?' - it just sits in nicely - a piece of art.  You're a lucky man!