Why become a member? ×

good grief......

W1_Pro

I’ve put this on my watch list. 

I’m genuinely shocked that he’s charging anything for it, let alone the amount! The description is “creative” at best. 
I want to see if anyone buys it. And if they do, I’m going to sell them my used pants, advertised as a Gucci balaclava.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

The reason he posts things like this is to get people to visit his website. He's very fond of listing firewood, and as it shows here, it gets a reaction.

I'd agree with this. He puts trainwrecks on Ebay, we all talk about, then we all go to look at what else he has.

It's just a perverse form of advertising that seems to work, because he's done this for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassaussie said:

I'd agree with this. He puts trainwrecks on Ebay, we all talk about, then we all go to look at what else he has.

It's just a perverse form of advertising that seems to work, because he's done this for years.

What he doesn't know is the number of people (like me) who take one look and go "Why would I want to deal with this guy??!" and avoid him like the plague thereafter.

• Like 2

The simple answer to avoid this idiot's regular rubbish is to search by UK only, I have honestly done that for a while purely to avoid being annoyed by his stupid listings, he may sell great stuff via his shop but if a seller deliberately wants to annoy me by listing overpriced crap then I would not buy from him irrespective of whether I really wanted something he was selling or not!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alyctes said:

What he doesn't know is the number of people (like me) who take one look and go "Why would I want to deal with this guy??!" and avoid him like the plague thereafter.

Mate, I agree with you, 100%. I've seen his auctions for years, and I would never consider dealing with him. But some people do, for whatever reason, so his ploy seems to work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alyctes said:

Yup - it doesn't work for me...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

The simple answer to avoid this idiot's regular rubbish is to search by UK only, I have honestly done that for a while purely to avoid being annoyed by his stupid listings, he may sell great stuff via his shop but if a seller deliberately wants to annoy me by listing overpriced crap then I would not buy from him irrespective of whether I really wanted something he was selling or not!

I wish ebay had an "Ignore" button!

• Like 2

On 01/04/2020 at 10:37, alyctes said:

I've bought the odd thing from him before although not for years now. Last thing I ordered was a fret guard thingy. Can't complain about the price or service which were both great.

A good if eccentric seller IMO.

21 hours ago, alyctes said:

You're not the only one!

I was seriously thinking about it this morning, when I checked ebay again and the first few pages were full of crap from this seller. As always... 

He actually has some decent stuff between all the wrecks, but of course way overpriced too. He doesn't seem to sell any of the overpriced crap/stuff, but I assume he has to store all this stuff somewhere.. I don't understand his business.. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 2