Why become a member? ×

Wah - Parapedal type tones (Bought a Freaker)

Salt on your Bass?

Hi Guys,

I have a Chicago Iron wah mounted in a crybaby enclosure. I run it through an LS2 to blend a bit more clean in and boost the signal a touch, and I then have the wah on all the time and just loop it in via the LS2 footswitch. Really it needs re-enclosing and I was also thinking about saving a little real estate. I was about to pull the trigger on a freaker wah but thought I'd see if anyone else had any recommendations currently. I have a geeezr wah that i dont really like tbh, and I've owned a 105q previously and a weeping demon that haven't stayed on the board.

What I like about my current pedal is the low end boost/ gutteral type swell it delivers on the heel and the wide sweep to toe end. So I guess my question is, is there another parapedal clone out there thats as good.....ideally an instant on liek the geezer wah would be ace.....but probably a stretch :) 

Edited by Salt on your Bass?

• 1 month later...

The freaker wah V2 (Maxi) arrived!  Took c. 7 weeks via USPS, but it's here.

Initial impression is it's a keeper. It sounds like it will cut through really well in a mix. The 6 setting selectable voicing is great and the volume pot taking it beyond unity is really helpful as well. Initially I think it's probably more aggressive sounding than my Parachute, but is far more tweakable. 

Build quality seems good. It doesn't feel quite as well finished as Dunlop for some reason, but it certainly seems robust - time will tell on that one, as I thought the parachute was good to start, but was ultimately awful. 

Looking forward to playing it in a proper band mix, and just been smashing through N.I.B. on repeat in the meantime!

Might be able to upload some sounds. But my playing is terrible.... so....dunno :) 

Cheers!