Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - PJB CAB 47
£580
Leicester

Oldman

My personal circumstances health wise are about to swiftly change, I am waiting on a double tonsillectomy and biopsy the results of which coupled with a recent MRI Neck scan and subsequent PET scan should determine what the near future holds health wise. I would add that (to me) I am in perfect health for my age with no symptoms of anything other than a perennial slight cold. However:

News flash: No surgery due to the Corvid-19 Shenanigans, but, hinted at “Radical” Radiotherapy. Awaiting the ‘Letter’.

Moving on with this malarkey, meeting with Consultant this week, there’s three McMillan nurses in support, dietician, speech therapist (now that’s scary) and another head nurse. So it looks like I’m gonna be zapped pretty soon. 

Add to that no gigs there seems little point in having surplus kit, not that it was needed anyway. You know how it is 😱

I offer up for sale only, a PJB CAB 47 SOLD

Thanks for looking 

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks guys, being positive helps, I’ve been singing and playing bass (on and off) for 59 years, I feel a bit like Roy in “Bladerunner” only I’ve never seen the Bars of Orion close up...

1 hour ago, Oldman said:

Thanks guys, being positive helps, I’ve been singing and playing bass (on and off) for 59 years, I feel a bit like Roy in “Bladerunner” only I’ve never seen the Bars of Orion close up...

Meh, your not missing much :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Oldman said:

My personal circumstances health wise are about to swiftly change, I am waiting on a double tonsillectomy and biopsy the results of which coupled with a recent MRI Neck scan and subsequent PET scan should determine what the near future holds health wise. I would add that (to me) I am in perfect health

Added to Basschat's Famous Quotes thread!

• Haha 1

I am so sorry to hear your news. This time last year I went through exactly the same. Life was tough for about six months but with the care and support of the wonderful NHS I came out at the other end as I'm sure you will too. Now a year down the line I'm going from strength to strength although due to the after effects of the treatment I am currently in isolation for at least 12 weeks - but then that's a small price to pay given the alternative!

My very best wishes for your future!

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind thoughts and notes of support, muchly appreciated. Basschat has given me many hours of amusement over the years, never has so much been spent on so little, according to Mrs Blondie, but what do she know? 

Ive driven some motorway miles in pursuit of the Golden Fleece (equivalent) as we all have.

B

• Like 1

As the CAB 47 is now SOLD

I’ll trade the GK NEO 112 for a 2 x 10” (not Markbass) with cash your way for a suitable offering or single 15” (not Markbass) with cash you way. 4 or 8 Ohm.

What do you think playmates?

Stay safe

7 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Having the best of both worlds? 

It’s nothing personal, they have a lot of Markbass in QUAD rehearsal studios in Leicester, I've never got a good sound out of it yet, and it’s heavy. I always use my own rig because of that🤔

Edited by Oldman

45 minutes ago, Oldman said:

It’s nothing personal, they have a lot of Markbass in QUAD rehearsal studios in Leicester, I've never got a good sound out of it yet, and it’s heavy. I always use my own rig because of that🤔

I do know what you mean Some brands just don't 'take'. I love listening to many bass players who use MB heads but don't find them remarkable when I use them. 

However the cabs I rate very highly. Of all the gear I have sold I'd have back my MB 15s and my Orange Terror in a heartbeat. A marriage solemnised in arcadia. 

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I do know what you mean Some brands just don't 'take'. I love listening to many bass players who use MB heads but don't find them remarkable when I use them. 

However the cabs I rate very highly. Of all the gear I have sold I'd have back my MB 15s and my Orange Terror in a heartbeat. A marriage solemnised in arcadia. 

You really need a GK NEO112 to appreciate the finer things in life 😎

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Oldman said:

You really need a GK NEO112 to appreciate the finer things in life 😎

I am after a 1x12, lightweight, cab, however my hope was to find a scruffy BF 1x12 to match my BF 1x15.

• MB1 locked this topic