Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ibanez BTB675 NTF
£360
CH5, United Kingdom

Vinny

One big ole 35" thru-neck fiver up for grabs. As you can see from the pics she's no featherweight, but sits perfectly on the strap or sat down. 

I have no clue as to what all the types of woods are that it's made of, there are so many different specs it just gets confusing. 

This one is the older dual truss-rod model, which with such a slim (front to back) neck is properly handy when swapping string types.

This one has the Bartolini NTMB pre-amp - there's another variant of the model with a different system that doesn't seem to get much love, but I've never tried one to see what the difference is.

I had a machine head break a couple of years ago, but couldn't find any smoky/black chrome replacements so I put a set of chrome ones on. That and the flatwounds are the only deviations from standard trim.

Post is included given the virocalypse.

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3008.jpg

*Edit - will post more pics in due course, it seems I've a memory card problem!*

*Another edit - specs helpfully provided below.*

Edited by Vinny
Photie Fail!!
  • Like 2

That's a lot of bass for the money.

Someone in a "Key Worker" role is no doubt going to be able to take this off your hands very soon.

Alas I am self-employed and soon to be out of work(like a lot of people I imagine) otherwise I would have been very interested in this.

GLWTS.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The BTBs are sooo much bass for the money. I had a sixer which I sold (slight wrist issues mean 5 is the max nowadays) and I've had to spend a lot more to get something as good. Ibanez really know how to do great playing instruments. GLWTS

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 1

I have the same model, and quite frankly there's nothing not to like aboutthose. Wide neck, but narrow profile, 19mm string spacing, dual P Barts..; (those are the Olde rmodels, newer ar J Humbuckers, those are split coils, like P-pickups) Super stable neck (lamination and twin trussrod, you can be safe on this). Three band EQ so you can find your sound. I swapped mine for a Spector Tonepump, and now the bas is dismantled to be resprayed in Chrome with a Drakglass ToneCapsule. 

It's not that heavy as it balance very well, and remind the wood combination is in no way a light one. 

Almost tempted to get a second one...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

IM taking it that this bass is still for sale? Im very interested !! Ive been looking for a 5er for a while !!! Only problem is, I had a old BTB a few years ago (piccy below) and i didn't get on with it !! gig'd it twice then got rid a year later !! Would it be possible to have a look at it? 

Danny

WP_20160513_17_50_15_Pro.jpg

• MB1 locked this topic