Why become a member? ×

Styling cues you don't like

Rich

29 minutes ago, la bam said:

Cream coloured or white plastic pickup covers.

21 minutes ago, Jonse said:

When I was about 13 I had a go at putting a parts bass together. I got an awful Tele body from eBay or somewhere and a full scale P bass neck. Needless to say that the bridge was in the wrong position so it wouldn't intonate but I didn't understand that at the time. I mixed creosote with red food colouring to stain the body and that really didn't look too bad. It had two 51 P style pickups in the Tele positions and I seem to remember that I wired up them pretty good. 

Think it was all firewood after a year or so 😁

X 100!

7 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

This 'thing' I saw at Warwick's NAMM stand, and photographed in utter disbelief. 😱

Warwick.jpg

If you look straight at the pickups and ignore all the other stuff going on, it looks like a snap shot of an endoscopy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, linear said:

But could we, perhaps, build a bass that was universally hated?

We could start with stick on f-holes and work from there.

Oh my word. I feel an interesting photoshop project coming on :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

White scratchplates, especially big ones like on P basses. Just looks cheap no matter how it's done.

I was going to say I agree with you but for some reason a Rickenbacker with a white plate just works. Maybe you just get so used to a design that it becomes wrong to change it. 

14 hours ago, Maude said:

I was going to say I agree with you but for some reason a Rickenbacker with a white plate just works. Maybe you just get so used to a design that it becomes wrong to change it. 

That's because the rest of the bass is so ugly the silly scratchplate becomes a tertiary consideration after the janky shape and shoddy workmanship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3