Why become a member? ×

Styling cues you don't like

Rich

37 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Of course not - universally loved on here ( well me and a couple of other enlightened folk anyway...). A design classic. 

runs for cover...........

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

This. Absolutely everything about it. No redeeming visual qualities whatsoever.

587307776_Lowenherz2000404205-String20Quilted200Maple.jpg.cd77a100deeee430949c3e8263e80c4a.jpg

Oh I don't know, if you were wearing a weighlifter belt and you wanted to play bass but were concerned that people didn't know you were a weightlifter, that bridge helps!

Although it has to be said, I do like the pickups and at least the controls look like someone has given them more though than a fodera.

I also suspect you can open the right sized jars with that bottom horn

• Haha 1

I dislike all basses with pickguards. But I’ve always been puzzled as to why most twin-Pickup basses with pickguards only deem a pickguard to be necessary around the neck pickup and not the bridge pickup too?

To me this says that the pickguard is more about style than any sort of functionality, and therefore unnecessary......

• Like 1

My taste is 'the plainer the better' (apart from natural finishes which I don't like much). Conversely, I don't like anything 'flash' at all. Flamboyant body shapes and glitzy paint, gold hardware, exotic woods with elaborate grain patterns, multiple pickups, too many control knobs and switches are all red flags for me.

At the other end of the scale, I don't like relic finishes. It's all fake and trying to be something it's not. I could tie my bass to the back bumper of my car or bury it in the garden for a week but what's the point?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, casapete said:

And ain’t it a beauty.....🙂

Luvverly.  Actually I got one of these recently and it sounds pretty much the same as the Luvverly Longhorn but in a different shaped package.  Still Short scale, still weighs as much a a fag packet.

s-l400.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I think all basses are ridiculously over-complicated and pretentious.

What's wrong with a good old tea chest, broom handle and bit of string?

Plain weave or double braided string? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

This 'thing' I saw at Warwick's NAMM stand, and photographed in utter disbelief. 😱

Warwick.jpg

Okay, I'll bite.

I think it looks cool apart from the pickup covers. The tuning machines don't bother me in the slightest. The look of the bass though makes me think that I would need to water it a couple of times a week to help it grow.