Why become a member? ×

Old Horse Murphy

ShergoldSnickers

Just received some straplocks from Nick who very kindly took the trouble to send them in the midst of all this Covid-19 virus self isolating, lockdown madness!! 

Not only that, when I first enquired if the straplocks were still available, Nick offered them to me free as a thank you for a favour I'd done for him last year, and which - to be honest - I'd completely forgotten about! 

So, it needs to be said that Nick, aka @Old Horse Murphy,  is not only a great person to deal with on Basschat when buying /selling gear but he's also a really brilliant and generous bloke! 

Can't thank you enough Nick! 

Cheers 👍👍😊😊🍺🍺

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Bought a bass from Nick, it arrived quickly and well packed. It was exactly as described. There was an issue with a string but he resolved this and was very helpful getting it sorted. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After giving my clip on tuner to my neighbour who is learning to play guitar I posted a "Wanted" ad for a clip on tuner. Nick responded within an hour offering me one....I was expecting one of those cheap, Chinese tuners which you see for 99p but no, Nick sent me a Boss TU-10. Better than the one I gave away.

This is the sort of thing that happens with the hard core members here - forever coming to each other's rescue. 

Nick is a proper gent. Trade with confidence.

I'll need to return the favour and find the Baritone sax reeds I have for him - the dreaded "in a safe place".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a Hohner b2a from Nick.

Easy and pleasant transaction. Arrived next day after posting. 

Well packaged. Which I shall be able to reuse.

And as described. 

While not the most expensive of transactions, i wouldn't have any reservations about buying more expensive items from Nick. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought Nick’s green Stingray Special 5. He sent it immediately, packaging was bomb/courier proof and he was very helpful when the wonderful courier pretended to deliver it, but didn’t. All was well in the end and it is as light as a feather and sounds fabulous. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy/sell with him again :)