Why become a member? ×

Fender P 1973 pick up repair recommendation

BMBR

Got a 73 P pup which seems to be cutting out intermittently. Have taken it out of bass can't see anything as covers and bass pretty stuck together with age. Put in a temp replacement and works fine.

Recommendations please for an expert to test and repair ? (assumption is I could post it during the virus lock down)

Cheers !

I think it could well be - but the covers, brass plate and foam is all quite welded together with age so I can't even see where all 3 wires connect.

I don''t want to disturb it with my basic skills and make it worse - given the age and originality so I thought time for an expert.

On 30/03/2020 at 09:51, BMBR said:

I think it could well be - but the covers, brass plate and foam is all quite welded together with age so I can't even see where all 3 wires connect.

I don''t want to disturb it with my basic skills and make it worse - given the age and originality so I thought time for an expert.

That foam can be a real pain in the butt when that happens. 

I’d personally chat to Clive Brown first, he’d either do it or signpost you. Clive is a world renowned vintage head, who does simply the best restorations.  guitarart@btinternet .com.