Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt's Lockdown Licks

wateroftyne

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who liked the Toy Matinee stuff that Guy has done previously, here’s a pretty long video about the band and recording, made by Tim Pierce, the guitarist. It features all the surviving members of that project.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

For those of you who liked the Toy Matinee stuff that Guy has done previously, here’s a pretty long video about the band and recording, made by Tim Pierce, the guitarist. It features all the surviving members of that project.

GP always says that Toy Matinee goes down well in the 'States but not so well here.  I like what I've heard of the band so far.   I will enjoy that link after supper.

Cheers

• Like 1

Utterly brilliant -  after finding out about toy matinee through Guy’s videos, it’s become one of my all-time favourite albums. All of the people involved have (had in Kevin Gilbert’s case) an awesome amount of musiciality. Tim Pierce’s guitar work is breathtaking for a start - no wonder he’s played on so many sessions. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandypjb said:

Utterly brilliant -  after finding out about toy matinee through Guy’s videos, it’s become one of my all-time favourite albums. All of the people involved have (had in Kevin Gilbert’s case) an awesome amount of musiciality. Tim Pierce’s guitar work is breathtaking for a start - no wonder he’s played on so many sessions. Thanks for posting!

Same here. Never heard of them before the first video. Probably played it more times than any other album over the past year. 

• Like 1

Having been a Toy Matinee fan for 15+ years, it's heartening that so many other people are finally discovering their magic.

It used to feel like a very special secret..... but it's lovely that it is having a new lease of life. Just a terrible shame that the amazing Kevin Gilbert is no longer around to enjoy it :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...