Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt's Lockdown Licks

wateroftyne

Had a listen to Storyville and saw some comments that his first album was actually better called Robbie Robertson. 

Gave that a listen and agreed. Only £6 compared to £18 for Storyville.

Ordered his first album and will wait till Storyville price drops a bit.

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Had a listen to Storyville and saw some comments that his first album was actually better called Robbie Robertson. 

Gave that a listen and agreed. Only £6 compared to £18 for Storyville.

Ordered his first album and will wait till Storyville price drops a bit.

Dave

£3.50 on ebay for Storyville

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, police squad said:

What did you think of the album, I'm really enjoying it

The box was damaged where the CD clips in but i always have spare cases so swapped it over. CD itself was fine tho.

I def prefer the first album. It has more character but Storyville is still a great album. Not had a lot of listening just the occasional song when in kitchen cooking something. Been learning our band set list for up and coming band rehearsals

Dave

13 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

The box was damaged where the CD clips in but i always have spare cases so swapped it over. CD itself was fine tho.

I def prefer the first album. It has more character but Storyville is still a great album. Not had a lot of listening just the occasional song when in kitchen cooking something. Been learning our band set list for up and coming band rehearsals

Dave

I'll have to get the first album and give it a listen. I like the space on this one and the drumming

• Like 1

2 hours ago, police squad said:

I'll have to get the first album and give it a listen. I like the space on this one and the drumming

Altho i'm a big fan of Guy i'm having the added bonus of hearing bands and albums i'd never heard before. What's not to like about Guy Pratt.

Great Bass player, likeable personality and funny too.

Dave

• Like 3

On 27/06/2020 at 10:33, dmccombe7 said:

Altho i'm a big fan of Guy i'm having the added bonus of hearing bands and albums i'd never heard before. What's not to like about Guy Pratt.

Dave

yep I totally agree. I would buy the Toy Matinee album but can't find it at a reasonable price.

AND he has made me want to practice and improve, something I haven't done for many years

On 27/06/2020 at 10:33, dmccombe7 said:

Dave

yep I totally agree. I would buy the Toy Matinee album but can't find it at a reasonable price.

AND he has made me want to practice and improve, something I haven't done for many years

1 hour ago, police squad said:

Its on Spotify. Pretty sure you can listen to it for free. 

Guy's recent video had me look into the latest version of the Roland Dimension D, the Boss Dimension C Waza. Lovely for guitar players who want to get their Prince on, but this demo also shows, in places, it being used with a bass.

20 hours ago, ezbass said:

Guy's recent video had me look into the latest version of the Roland Dimension D, the Boss Dimension C Waza. Lovely for guitar players who want to get their Prince on, but this demo also shows, in places, it being used with a bass.

It was nice to hear this effect get a mention.

I had the original version of the DC-2,  but recently i found i still had the DC-3. Must find a use for it at some point.

63E6064F-3ECC-438D-8CE5-0242BD62D918.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's back with a broken computer and the bass part to The Ballad of Jenny Ledge by Toy Matinee. 

A shorter video this time, due to his computer screwing up, so not as much chat as normal. Still great though... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3