Why become a member? Ɨ

Valve Head to Cab strange noise

basskit_case

Hello All,

After a longĀ while I decided to plug into the LB30Ā for a change instead of using headphones.

When I power on I just get a an electrical interference sound, tried multiple cables and different sockets.

the sound is not so pronounced if I disable the bass shift on the eq.

All valve are šŸ”„.

Any ideas if this Would this beĀ a head or cab issue?

thanksĀ 

Ā 

Under normal circumstances I'd say bring it round and we can try it on a different cab & lead, but I don't think that's such a good idea at the moment.

Could it be dirty jack sockets in the effects loop? I've heard of that causing trouble with other equipment.

On 29/03/2020 at 15:52, Reggaebass said:

Iā€™ve got anĀ LB30 and I had some interference once, it turned out it was a dodgy cab lead , but you said that youā€™ve tried that , maybe @Ashdown Engineering Can offer some advice šŸ™‚

Ā 

On 29/03/2020 at 15:58, pete.young said:

Under normal circumstances I'd say bring it round and we can try it on a different cab & lead, but I don't think that's such a good idea at the moment.

Could it be dirty jack sockets in the effects loop? I've heard of that causing trouble with other equipment.

Thanks for the advice, tried a couple of more cables, tried to brush and blow the sockets. Dropped ash down an email directly too

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, basskit_case said:

Ā 

Thanks for the advice, tried a couple of more cables, tried to brush and blow the sockets. Dropped ash down an email directly too

If you have some switch cleaner, spray it onto a plug and put that in and out of the socket a few times, has been known to work occasionally!

Do you use ethernet plug extenders in your house? The things that use the mains wiring to transmit network computer traffic?

I had a static noise on my LB30 - did the usual effects & jack cleans, changed tubes etc and it turned out it was picking up noise from the network extender thingies...

Ā 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mickster said:

Do you use ethernet plug extenders in your house? The things that use the mains wiring to transmit network computer traffic?

I had a static noise on my LB30 - did the usual effects & jack cleans, changed tubes etc and it turned out it was picking up noise from the network extender thingies...

Ā 

^^ Yep, same for me. I have to unplug them when recording. (it's not an issue with Class D heads, just tube and A/B)