Why become a member? ×

Uncool songs with good bass lines

Dubs

1 hour ago, Cat Burrito said:

It was my reluctant reference to the Little Britain sketch that I tried to pre-empt! His band is great but it was obviously all put together for him. I knew it was his ex-wife with someone but couldn't recall Kenny's first name. Mo Foster's playing is great. We used to cover it circa 1999.

Ah, way outside my knowledge base, sorry.

I'm not sure my choice is 'Cool' or 'Uncool' but I've just been listening to an album by the trio America.  They had a hit with "A Horse With No Name" - or as I like to call it "A Song With No Tune".  Their track "Tin Man" has a great bass line, simply credited to America.  Their song "Ventura Highway had drummer Hal Blaine on board and the legend that was Joe Osborne on bass.  Some nice easy listening country rock.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 07:47, Reggaebass said:

Back in the day I never had anything to do with abba , but listening now they have some really good well produced tunes 

I downloaded some ABBA bass transcriptions just before this thread started and dug out my electric bass(I usually play DB these days) and have had a ball playing the lines with the CD blasting away. Some interesting and tricky licks and many of them are in keys that challenge my reading skills. Lots of fun and good energy for these difficult times.😊 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Some of Duran Durans stuff back in the day was decent albeit a bit octavey, as picked up by the great Guy Pratt in one of his skits.

Rio is a brill line but my nomination is always Silly Love Songs by Wings....

Actually....the comments underneath the song as very interesting.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, merello said:

Rio is a brill line but my nomination is always Silly Love Songs by Wings....

Actually....the comments underneath the song as very interesting.

Big +1 from me. Always admired Maccas singing and playing combination coupled with some great basslines, this being one of them 👌