Why become a member? ×

String 'Fell off'?

Woodinblack

I was sitting watching some movie yesterday, everyone else asleep, and all of a sudden there was a loud 'clonk' from the corner. Looking round to see what had happened, I noticed that my number 1 bass had a string missing, so I assume it had broken, which was weird. Looking this morning, I found the string and both ends are intact, so I guess it just 'fell off'. This is not something i have had before in over 10 years of having SRs.

Anyone ever had this? I guess it must have been not in right but I have done a number of gigs since I last changed the strings.

IMG_0068.jpeg.33090a8b6b6e3daeb26066b6739fa3e1.jpeg

i've not had this, my suspicion would be that the maybe part of the bridge/string retainer has broken? does it look like any bits are missing? As it's a polished bridge it should be easy to see the broken area as it will be a rough casting surface (probably grey?) not a smooth gold finish. a bent part might also have allowed the string to slip out, compare the d string bridge with the other 4.

Matt

Well, I put the string (that was on it) back on it, and it all seems fine and plays ok. Does worry me though. Maybe it was just never in properly and finally fell out, although as I mentioned it had done quite a few gigs.

I did do up all those screws at the front as the were all loose, and that probably isn't good anyway.