Why become a member? ×

No Fender Precisions for sale anymore........

Beedster

OLY WHITE SOLD AND PINK STAYING OUT FOR THE TIME BEING
CHRIS

Having to sell both these, and pretty quick. One I've only had for a week, the other somewhat longer. I hope Neil (artisan) will forgive me for selling what was until recently his pink P-bass. I need to raise some cash quite quickly so I am selling both at what are, IMHO, bloody good prices. I'll have to ebay them at BIN in a couple of days if they dont sell here, so if you're interested, let me know!

First is a 1996 USA Olympic White Precision [b]*NOW SOLD*[/b][u][/u] upgraded with BADASS III (string through) and SD Basslines P and J PUPS. Lovely maple board. It's been my favourite bass for a good while. Currently strung with TI flats it's sweet as and does everything from funky growl to Motown thump. Pretty much perfect condition. Sold with hard case. Will also provide original bridge. I can also let you have it with tort (top pics) or white guards (bottom pic).

£550 ovno.

[attachment=1703:AUT_7151.JPG][attachment=1704:AUT_7153.JPG] [attachment=1707:AUT_7351.JPG] [attachment=1708:AUT_7352.JPG][attachment=1709:AUT_7354.JPG] [attachment=1710:AUT_7358.JPG] [attachment=1693:AUT_6854.JPG]

Second is a Fender Japan Pink Precision. Not had it long enough to gig but it seems to be everything you'd expect an MIJ to be. Beautiful colour, really beautiful. Will also be sold in a hard case. £280 (same as Neil was asking for it plus £30 for the case). A few dinks but pretty good condition overall.

[attachment=1711:AUT_7401.JPG] [attachment=1712:AUT_7402.JPG] [attachment=1713:AUT_7403.JPG] [attachment=1715:AUT_7408.JPG] [attachment=1716:AUT_7409.JPG] [attachment=1717:AUT_7411.JPG]
[attachment=1718:AUT_7405.JPG]

I'd be happier with collection/delivery/meeting than postage. No trades I'm afraid.

I'm also selling a Roland Cube 100 for £175 in the amps section

Cheers
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='44027' date='Aug 10 2007, 10:46 PM']Having to sell both these, and pretty quick. One I've only had for a week, the other somewhat longer. I hope Neil (artisan) will forgive me for selling what was until recently his pink bass and for also using his pics. I need to raise some cash quite quickly so I am selling both at what are, IMHO, bloody good prices. I'll have to ebay them at BIN in a couple of days if they dont sell here, so if you're interested, let me know!

First is a 1996 USA Olympic White Precision upgraded with BADASS III (string through) and SD Basslines P and J PUPS. Lovely maple board. It's been my favourite bass for a good while. Currently strung with TI flats it's sweet as and does everything from funky growl to Motown thump. Pretty much perfect condition. Sold with hard case. Will also provide original bridge. I can also let you have it with tort or white guards as in the different pics below. Note: it's NOT the black one! £550 ovno.

[attachment=1693:AUT_6854.JPG]

[attachment=1694:K_D.JPG]

Second is a Fender Japan Pink Precision. Not had it long enough to gig but it seems to be everything you'd expect an MIJ to be. Beautiful colour, really beautiful. Will also be sold in a hard case. £280 (same as Neil was asking for it plus £30 for the case). A few dinks but pretty good condition overall.

[attachment=1695:P1010019.jpg]

[attachment=1696:P1010012.jpg]

I'd be happier with collection/delivery/meeting than postage. No trades I'm afraid.

I'm also selling a Roland Cube 100 for £175 in the amps section

Cheers
Chris[/quote]
Very suprised to see this Chris - 'Kylie' up for sale!! Hope everything's alright mate? Two great looking basses so should shift pretty quickly I would have thought, especially 'Kylie'.

Nik

BF's hot on the trail on this one Nik! If it works out I may have something quite impressive - in fact the bass I've been after for years - at the SE Bash next week. Certainly I'm gonna have to sell pretty much everything else I own bass-wise (and possibly the GF) to pay for it, but I think it'll be worth it. It'll be sad to lose Kylie, she's a great bass and a really versatile gigger, but, perhaps it's a bit like the Stiffler's Mum scenario in American Pie, the young 'uns might look sweet but the old 'uns have that something special :)
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='44053' date='Aug 10 2007, 11:51 PM']BF's hot on the trail on this one Nik! If it works out I may have something quite impressive - in fact the bass I've been after for years - at the SE Bash next week. Certainly I'm gonna have to sell pretty much everything else I own bass-wise (and possibly the GF) to pay for it, but I think it'll be worth it. It'll be sad to lose Kylie, she's a great bass and a really versatile gigger, but, perhaps it's a bit like the Stiffler's Mum scenario in American Pie, the young 'uns might look sweet but the old 'uns have that something special :)
Cheers
Chris[/quote]
Mmm.. Intriguing?? You're definitely the 'international bass man of mystery' Chris! Looking forward to next week even more now because of this. Glad all's well though. :huh:

See you next week!

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='44106' date='Aug 11 2007, 08:58 AM']Mmm.. Intriguing?? You're definitely the 'international bass man of mystery' Chris! Looking forward to next week even more now because of this. Glad all's well though. :huh:

See you next week!

Nik[/quote]

Got my mojo working Nik! Cheers, moved a step closer today so hopefully all will be revealed soon. Shockwave old mate, apologies for the lack of trades, you know BC though, any bass you want you'll eventually get one day :)
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='44239' date='Aug 11 2007, 05:48 PM']Got my mojo working Nik! Cheers, moved a step closer today so hopefully all will be revealed soon. Shockwave old mate, apologies for the lack of trades, you know BC though, any bass you want you'll eventually get one day :)
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

"[i]you know BC though, any bass you want you'll eventually get one day :huh: "[/i]

That is definitely true, I hope/think ???? See you next week,

Nik

[quote name='Beedster' post='44598' date='Aug 12 2007, 09:07 PM']Oly White Precision sold pending payment
Chris[/quote]
That's good news Chris - I was beginning to think that 'The Beedster' was losing his touch! :) Selling wise that, is, not playing.....

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='44638' date='Aug 12 2007, 10:59 PM']That's good news Chris - I was beginning to think that 'The Beedster' was losing his touch! :) Selling wise that, is, not playing.....[/quote]

LOL, thanks Nik.

Oly White Precision now sold, Pink Precision still available
Chris

Just couldnt resist a nice price, itching for the P-bass to arrive now, lovely looking thing :)

Pity I'm on holiday for a week just after it gets here - hmm maybe I can play it by the pool...

Cheers Chris ( and don't forgot to let me know what the postage amounts to )

J

[quote name='Beedster' post='44053' date='Aug 10 2007, 11:51 PM']BF's hot on the trail on this one Nik! If it works out I may have something quite impressive - in fact the bass I've been after for years - at the SE Bash next week. Certainly I'm gonna have to sell pretty much everything else I own bass-wise (and possibly the GF) to pay for it, but I think it'll be worth it. It'll be sad to lose Kylie, she's a great bass and a really versatile gigger, but, perhaps it's a bit like the Stiffler's Mum scenario in American Pie, the young 'uns might look sweet but the old 'uns have that something special :)
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

This is intriguing. You're a Precision man, but once you've tasted the p/j....

[quote name='paul, the' post='45016' date='Aug 13 2007, 09:31 PM']This is intriguing. You're a Precision man, but once you've tasted the p/j....[/quote]

Picked up the new bass this evening. '73 Precision in sunburst with JPUP added at the bridge (and added a very long time ago judging by the thumb wear in the finish just above it). To my eyes the sexiest bass I've seen in years and the best possible combination of vintage mojo with the right PUP combination. Haven't played it much so can't reort so far, but looking forward to setting it up with some nice flats tomorrow. Pics soon folks

Pink PBass above still for sale. Offers?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='45092' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:29 AM']Picked up the new bass this evening. '73 Precision in sunburst with JPUP added at the bridge (and added a very long time ago judging by the thumb wear in the finish just above it). To my eyes the sexiest bass I've seen in years and the best possible combination of vintage mojo with the right PUP combination. Haven't played it much so can't reort so far, but looking forward to setting it up with some nice flats tomorrow. Pics soon folks

Chris[/quote]
Sounds great Chris - look forward to seeing her...Will there be an official naming ceremony, with champagne etc? :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='45092' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:29 AM']Picked up the new bass this evening. '73 Precision in sunburst with JPUP added at the bridge (and added a very long time ago judging by the thumb wear in the finish just above it). To my eyes the sexiest bass I've seen in years and the best possible combination of vintage mojo with the right PUP combination. Haven't played it much so can't reort so far, but looking forward to setting it up with some nice flats tomorrow. Pics soon folks

Chris[/quote]

Oh woof!

You've got me all excited now!

When can we see some piccies? And can you still do the string comparison, or have you sold them all off with basses?

maple neck?

paul.

[quote name='paul, the' post='45120' date='Aug 14 2007, 02:42 AM']Oh woof!

You've got me all excited now!
When can we see some piccies? And can you still do the string comparison, or have you sold them all off with basses?
maple neck?
paul.[/quote]

Hi Paul
I was pretty excited myself :) . Pics tonight I hope. I'm gonna A-B the strings on this bass, which has a rosewood board. As far as I can tell so far the Daddario's have a uch fuller low end, but I'll get something more accurate later
Chris