Why become a member? ×

Songs that cheer you up!

Ricky 4000

There is a soundtrack to Sundays in our house. When this song starts being played (always on 11) the whole place shakes and you know 3 things: It's Sunday, the roast is in the oven, the wine has been poured. You can hear the wife joining in at the top of her lungs. It's the one song that can cheer me up, no matter what.

• Like 1

Young Americans by Bowie is generally the track that can elevate me, whatever my mood. Mountains by Prince is another.

Though the thing that is raising the spirits music-wise at the moment is watching the Leland Sklar Phil Collins videos.

(The music isn’t really the sort of thing I’d normally listen to, but) Watching Mr Sklar do his thing in the way that he does - and the way he comes across as a person - lifts my spirits no end. 

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 1

Theme from Stingray, Thunderbirds,Super car,The Munsters, Addams Family,Beverley Hillbillies etc. Guess how old I am.I know not cool track s from cool bands but clever catchy tunes never the less.The good old days when all we had to worry about was what time the ice cream man/lady was turning up. Oh and Rickets, diphtheria Ringworm Measles, but no Corvid 19. Strangely though as a child the whole world was put to rights with the sound of music from a Warner Brothers cartoon intro or the famous 1960's version of Batman. Sorry if this doesn't quite fit the original post just feeling a bit nostalgic whilst on lockdown. Stay safe folks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mykesbass said:

Oh yes! Not a fan of skiing, but somehow got captivated in the late 80s by Alberto Tomba. Something very glorious and nostalgic about the theme music!

I remember watching it with my brother and my dad from the early 80s onwards. My dad had been in the French alpine corps and loved all that sort of thing.

It was people like Franz Klammer, Steve Podborski and Ingermar Stenmark racing in those days.

But yeah I’ve never been skiing in my life either!

Excellent bit of music.

• Like 1

'Good for all night' by Sadao Watanabe. An instrumental rather than a song as such, but still rather cheers me up. Sorry about the duff picture but it's the only one I can find on YouTube. Plenty a-slappin' and a-poppin' for those who like that kind of thing:

Here's great bass cover of the same track by Mark Chiddy. Is Mark perhaps a member here?

39 minutes ago, pigface said:

'Good for all night' by Sadao Watanabe. An instrumental rather than a song as such, but still rather cheers me up. Sorry about the duff picture but it's the only one I can find on YouTube. Plenty a-slappin' and a-poppin' for those who like that kind of thing:

Here's great bass cover of the same track by Mark Chiddy. Is Mark perhaps a member here?

Blimey, you have just opened up a whole genre that makes me smile - Hill Street Blues theme, Taxi (Bob James), Chuck Mangione, Sadao live at the Budokan, the list could go on and on!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Blimey, you have just opened up a whole genre that makes me smile - Hill Street Blues theme, Taxi (Bob James), Chuck Mangione, Sadao live at the Budokan, the list could go on and on!

Glad you approve 🙂 Spyrogyra would probably fit in with that lot, too. Morning Dance in particular.

5 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Probably one of the most cheery from that genre:

• Like 1