Why become a member? ×

Best headstock shape (except fender)?

Alberto Rigoni

16 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

It's an NS NXT5 upright, and it looks like this. :)

(The look is a bit compromised by the not too elegant tripod. They also sell a normal endpin as a separate accessory.)

1178080589_NSNXT5upright.thumb.jpg.231dfeaf6a93170669f346d2aa036060.jpg

That’s great - I would love that headstock on a non EUB - would be a sleek machine

4 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

That’s great - I would love that headstock on a non EUB - would be a sleek machine

2 minutes ago, ped said:

The problem with applying that design to a bass guitar is that the headstock has to be larger in proportion to the whole guitar than it is in proportion to the upright, so it loses some of its elegance (and possibly balance, if the body is small). Steinberger bass guitars do without a headstock altogether...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The problem with applying that design to a bass guitar is that the headstock has to be larger in proportion to the whole guitar than it is in proportion to the upright, so it loses some of its elegance (and possibly balance, if the body is small). Steinberger bass guitars do without a headstock altogether...

We posted at the same time - but I see that now and makes sense

• Like 1

Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

Believe i am a fan. But whoever strung that up should be... strung up?

I was about 16. You should see what I did to the active electronics 🤯

Many many many years later the neck is still in exactly place. I might have had a foolish streak a mile wide, but at least I instinctively recognised decent quality.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I was about 16. You should see what I did to the active electronics 🤯

Many many many years later the neck is still in exactly place. I might have had a foolish streak a mile wide, but at least I instinctively recognised decent quality.

Some new strings (wound on the right way) would be a kindness 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Some new strings (wound on the right way) would be a kindness 🙂

First of all its innards need the tender hand of a competent surgeon. iirc I attempted to bypass the active electronics at the very least. Probably the neck pickup too. I had no idea what I was doing, it's a miracle it still makes a good crunchy noise. The action is unbelievably low.

I took it out of its box a few months ago, for the first time in half a lifetime, and was bored of it within half an hour. Once the world is a bit more open, I'll have a go at finding it a happy home, or at least someone who can get it vaguely as it should be and find it a happy home.

• Like 1