Why become a member? ×

Best headstock shape (except fender)?

Alberto Rigoni

18 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

The incredible Gus bass deserves a much better headstock than this.

This thread is very much proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think the Gus headstock is eminently practical and understated so it doesn’t detract from the overall look of the bass. There’s a slight compromise of minimalist design vs getting a completely straight string line from nut the machine head post but I can live with that. IMO the only better headstock would be none at all. 

It is certainly more elegant in my eyes than most of the aesthetic and unergonomic monstrosities on display here.

On 28/03/2020 at 16:16, howdenspur said:

I'm a fan of the Thunderbird, but this is nice too...

image.png

Big mistake by Epiphone not using the bat wing when they reissued the Embassy bass. The simple 2+2 they used put me right off. Academic now, as I think they've binned it

4 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Big mistake by Epiphone not using the bat wing when they reissued the Embassy bass. The simple 2+2 they used put me right off. Academic now, as I think they've binned it

Yeah. I would’ve bought one if they’d got it right as they sounded good.

Lumpy, stumpy, pointy... it's amazing how many companies will ruin a good-looking bass with an ugly headstock.
The silhouette on some Reverend basses is one of the better attempts, but then they ruin it with a giant badly-placed "R" logo:
1022433439_reverendheadstock.PNG.f72df59447ea15952b500a70d5990af7.PNG