Why become a member? ×

Best looking P bass?

Alberto Rigoni

16 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Thank you. Ruby red metallic. Constantly changes shade depending on the lights, she's a keeper!

Thought it looked deep red but didn't want to say in case you said it was black. Even better now I know it's ruby red. 👍

• Thanks 1

This is my fender fsr mij precision 60s reissue. You either like black and gold or you dont.

I never ever liked black basses with gold until I saw it. Love them now.

Also love the slightly orange sunburst g&ls and the tobacco burst with tort plates now I'm older.

20191222_115100.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another black beauty. I know, I know, it is again a PJ but aren't PJs also P's? Kind of a P bass plus/extra/deluxe? They are definitely not Js. Although, Duff McKagan's signature bass is a PJ and it is called a Deluxe Jazz Bass Special (on the headstock) and a Deluxe Precision Bass on the Fender website. Hmm.  1133332807_ESPLTDSurveyor87Black.thumb.jpg.bceae0bbd3a806be517e2c1bf0073e1c.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, therealting said:

Is it about body shape or pickups? What about this? Is it a P?

sg6kdc1vorqnrdgtrowz.jpg

I'd normally say it's, for me, the pickup that denotes what bass it is, as the above will sound like a P. 

But the Aerodynes throw all that out the window. The Aerodyne Jazz and Aerodyne Precision both have PJ arrangement but the correct respective body shape. So Fender must think it's body shape, not pickups 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...