Why become a member? ×

Courier Services

Dunk

Hi All... New member here, thanks for accepting me.. 

Obviously during this Corona virus situation the most important thing is for us all to stay safe.... but, does anyone know if any of the courier companies are still running a service? I've been browsing the (can I say excellent) 'For Sale' section here whilst stuck at home and a few things have caught my eye but as buying a new bass is (arguably) non essential I did wonder whether I'd be able to get it delivered? Thanks all in advance and looking forward to getting myself up to speed on some of the other topics on here.

Dunk

Just had a parcel delivered by UPS about two hours ago. Having my monthly fix of coffee beans delivered by DPD tomorrow. So the answer is yes. When I'm selling basses and stuff I use Interparcel, which gives you a choice if a number of couriers. I don't think you will have a problem.

The UPS courier said he was getting through his deliveries really quickly... no traffic, and he delivered the parcel at arm's length and backed off quickly.

Mrs. Maude had a courier delivery yesterday, I don't know which courier but there was a knock at the door, when I opened the door the parcel was on the doorstep with the driver stood about ten feet away, he signed the the illegible hieroglyphs machine when I took the parcel. As safe and secure as possible given the current situation. 

If you look on various courier websites they are giving guidance on deliveries.  Most are saying the delivery methods will change in terms of social distancing and therefore the recipient no longer signing for the delivery etc.

I’ve ordered a monitor from (yes, I know), Amazon. I now wish I’d looked a bit more closely at the details. It is sold by Amazon (UK) but fulfilled by a seller... in Latvia. I don’t have anything at all against Latvia but if it turns up damaged then returning it is going to be a PITA. I shouldn’t be surprised but nevertheless it is annoying. At least it is actually in transit (for now...)