• Dad3353
    • Leonard Smalls
    • lurksalot
    • SH73
    • upside downer
    • fingers211
    • MoonBassAlpha

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/20 at 22:59

Voting has now started on March's Composition Challenge.

Just one vote this month (yeah, we're rationing - it's very topical). So make it count...

Dad3353

Leonard Smalls

lurksalot

SH73

upside downer

fingers211

And a very last minute addition from MoonBassAlpha:

Voting ends at midnight on Tuesday 31st March.

Edited by Skol303
  • Like 2

Another fine mix this month, bravo peeps. And with many on lockdown and trying to fill their days with whatever they can I'd imagine this is a rather pleasant way to pass 20-odd minutes. That should ensure lots more folks voting this time around, yes? Ever the optimist.......☺️

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, upside downer said:

Another fine mix this month, bravo peeps. And with many on lockdown and trying to fill their days with whatever they can I'd imagine this is a rather pleasant way to pass 20-odd minutes. That should ensure lots more folks voting this time around, yes? Ever the optimist.......☺️

You’ld think !

I am sure there will be more voters, but I really would like to see loads of BCers dive in and join in , we ought to do 2 a month now that people are getting locked down, having said that, I reckon @Dad3353 could offer a decent effort every week :lol:

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I voted ages ago... But as we're approaching the deadline and we've only had 9 voters perhaps I could get more interest from the locked-down throng by asking "should I use a Jazz or a P bass next time?"

My jazz bass is in lockdown literally locked in a storage facility along with other gear 

Edited by SH73

10 minutes ago, SH73 said:

My jazz bass is in lockdown

Best place for it.

😁

(Though, controversy aside (🤣), I've never met a P bass I get on with, and have only every found 1 Jazz I liked, and that was stupidly expensive. Give me my bargain-basement Wal or ACG any day!!!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

would Mark King or Flea be best at the Composition Challenge? :)

They're free to take their chances, as long as they sign up..! They probably won't, though, while we have Lenny in there stealing their thunder. 9_9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

would Mark King or Flea be best at the Composition Challenge? :)

Not sure about that , but maybe one of the challenge rules for bass, could be that you should not be using a 5 string or more , after all Jaco only needed 4 :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 1

@MoonBassAlpha Some details as to the execution and production of your track, please..? What drums are they..? Who played each part..? Where can I obtain such talent, within my budget, and legally, if possible..? (NB I have no soul to sell, and my kidneys are almost worthless, even to myself, but I'm willing to discuss...)

I couldn't change my vote; serves me right for diving in too early, but I would have, honest..! :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by Dad3353

Aw, thanks Douglas. 

Drums are a 60s British Rogers kit, mostly Paiste 2002 and signature cymbals. 

My friend Rob  put the track together using Band in a Box, but with a lot of tweaking to the standard output and mixed several different renderings to arrive at this take. I didn't have access to all the stems when I put the drums on and it's too late to remix it now,  so it's as-is! 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Ha!  Talking about the gear not the playing...

Good gear means nowt without good playing to set it off. I thought that all bass players knew that..! -_-

Edited by Dad3353