Why become a member? ×

Skype Lessons?

bassmansam

Hi @bassmansam, given the current climate I'm giving all of my lessons on Skype now (well, Zoom actually as I find it more stable) so am seeing the results across a number of different connections and devices. I wouldn't normally entertain it for beginners, i.e. where you have to take a more 'hands on' approach to correct posture, technique, finger placement etc. but beyond that it works OK.

A good internet connection is of course vital. Wifi connection can vary greatly from room to room in a house (I've seen this where I have two students from the same household) so find the best spot, or maybe use an ethernet cable to the router. Make sure you are in a well lit room, with the light source either in front of you or to the side - not behind as you will be in shadow. I plug my bass direct in to the computer and use a lavalier mic for speaking but this is not necessary, a built in mic will suffice but may take some experimentation - particularly when dealing with bass frequencies - to get a clear audio signal and not overload the input which results in the audio 'ducking' in and out.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.