Why become a member? ×

Conundrum

bassbiscuits

Part of being stuck at home with no gigs and no musical companionship has made me itch to get some new gear to cheer myself up.

But at the same time with no gig income and no gigs, it’s impossible to justify (and currently impossible to get hold of anyway unless it’s via Amazon).

And only on day six of self-isolation and working from home aargh!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Last Friday I bought myself a new gig bag.

I’ll write that again so the stupidity can sink in.

I bought myself a new gig bag.

Last Friday you bought yourself a new protective, storage bag. Now it’s all fine.

I feel the pain too, however. I having a burning desire to buy new stuff that, realistically, I don’t need. Hmm, I sense a conspiracy theory taking shape 😂

• Haha 1

Done the same thing here. New mic, pop guard, mic stand and 6 channel mixer all for one Skype lesson a week for perhaps 6-8 weeks worth of lessons.  Everyone needs a new gadget or two. 

Staying at home, however,  is saving me approx £ 150 a week plus, when I get a season ticket refund, £ 690 per month so still quids in.  

• Like 2

I've kind of gone in the opposite direction. 

All GAS has now been well and truly extinguished. 

It all seems so utterly trite and pointless given the current situation. I'm more worried about getting through the coming weeks and months with my family and friends in tact. Anything other than that at the minute just seems a bit ridiculous to me. 

• Like 3

Got an ABM combo last week,  in lieu of the fact that my PJB cabs have sold and also waiting to sell my shuttlemax 9.2

Seller threw in the Flightcase Warehouse  flight  case,  which will be sold off,  as i dont need it.

Enjoying the sound of the combo, despite i'm the only one that can hear it right now in these troubling times

abm.jpg

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have dug out this Line 6 Pod to amuse myself tho while there’s no chance of any other musical interaction, paired with my little practice amp.

I know nothing about effects so have been just pottering, but some decent bass synth squelchy sounds and some good amp simulations etc.

I’ve had the manual knocking about for years. Except now. Now it’s gone into self isolation by itself somewhere. 

0C42CE2E-CA65-4D9C-8ADA-2BCBEE622977.jpeg

• Like 2

Just wondering what's happening with the delivery services, Post Office, couriers, etc.?

Are they classed as 'Key Workers'?

If you buy stuff online, you may well be waiting an age for them to come to your door.

And yes, I do have something on order... 

Edited by Skybone

11 hours ago, Skybone said:

Just wondering what's happening with the delivery services, Post Office, couriers, etc.?

If you buy stuff online, you may well be waiting an age for them to come to your door.

I’m a little worried about this too. I placed an order for assorted gym equipment on the day the lockdown was announced! An example of my impeccable timing.

12 hours ago, Skybone said:

as far as I'm aware they are still OK to work - perhaps it's a little foggy under the earlier announcement about staying at home unless your job is "vital" but that seems to have softened to be more about staying at home if you can work from there, but go to work if you can avoid public transport

However, I have had an e-mail from one company that I placed an order with (not bass related) saying that because of where they are based (central London) they don't have any staff coming in to be able to send out the orders at the moment.  I think we might see things taking a bit longer to get to us over the next few weeks...

With some fortunate timing I picked up a Helix just before all this crap kicked off, and these strange circumstances at least give me plenty of time to figure out whether it gets sold on after this has calmed down, or the pedalboard is dismantled and moved on instead.

Our studio date this weekend has been pulled, which is frustrating, as we're down to vocals, reamping and finishing touches, but on the bright side my partner is my drummer, so the next album might get written and demo'd before we're allowed out again. 😂

I ordered a Radial SAT2 from Thomann on Saturday. Delivered this morning, a day early.

Royal Mail have introduced a policy of householders not being required to sign for items.

Now the postie signs it  as "delivered".

1 hour ago, Monkey Steve said:

This may not help your self control - 20% off everything in stock:

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/

that said, not much for bass players (they make a token effort, but it's really a shop for guitarists)

They have the new black JMJ Mustang listed at 20% off! If I weren’t so unemployed right now I’d be jumping all over that :facepalm:

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/fender-jmj-road-worn-mustang-bass-black