Why become a member? ×

G&L LB100 great deals

la bam

Hi all,

Great deals on at Andertons for the G&L LB100 tributes.

£399.

I got mine for around £550 and it was an absolute steal at that price.

Best built and put together bass i own. Great finish. Great sound. It comes with the US parts.

Also the best balanced bass i have. It literally just sits in position perfectly.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/g-l-tribute-lb-100-bass-in-natural-gloss-3-ply-black-pickguard-clear-gloss-neck-with-maple-fingerboard-ti-lb1-121r40m21?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI94CfvN-y6AIViLPtCh2GnACfEAQYASABEgI5rPD_BwE

I think theyve even got the jazzes at £299 too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw these the other day. To be honest I’d been eyeing the LB100s up for a while anyway but then I saw the even further reduced prices (as you say, the previous prices were already fantastic value) and now my GAS has risen exponentially. Despite the fact I have no need for another 4 string bass as I mainly play 5s! Oh and I just bought another Dingwall.

Still. The white LB100 with blocks is painfully tempting :facepalm:

• Like 1

I went to Andertons and tried out the JB Tribute not so long ago and I must have been given a dud. There was pitting in the chrome on the bridge, the binding had flecks through it and the finish on the neck had marks all over it too, it was really disappointing as I've heard great things about the Tribute range. Still, I'm keen to try another one though as this was likely one that had just slipped through the net.

The neck was chunkier than I prefer with a jazz in terms of depth - whats the neck like on these? Have to admit that was the only G&L Tribute I've played, but I hear their necks are fairly chunky unless you go for a USA model and have the option to buy from them with different neck profiles. Also, are the pups the same as the USA models? I thought it was only the basses with MFDs (like the L2000) where the Tribute range shared the USA pups?

20200324_124311.thumb.jpg.775b065363a99c70036cbbc738665526.jpg20200324_124307.thumb.jpg.60d1d6c9f4611c072848b6bd71142cec.jpgThe lb100 tributes are quite solid, thick basses. But in a quality way.

They also look a lot better in the flesh than in their photos. The natural is stunning.

I believe (but I may be wrong) it's all the usa hardware, but it's just assembled overseas.

• Like 3

I got one of the natural ones a few weeks ago. Really nice and a steal at £400. I was a bit worried that the neck would be like the L2000 tribute which I find too chunky but the neck on these is like a standard P bass. 

It has a 3 piece body but it looks fine from the front, not to obvious. It is a bit of a lump though, must be about 9.5 - 10 lb`s.

13 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

SB-2's are also superb for the money. TBH the whole Tribute range is. 

Agreed! I picked up a SB-2 last week in sonic blue and haven’t been able to put it down. Does everything I want at a great price. I’m sorely tempted by an LB-100 but gonna have to wait a while if I do get one. 

pic of SB-2 just for self indulgence. (Really hard to capture the colour)

A1F615D1-FB1A-4D59-85AC-BA186F6906AA.thumb.jpeg.6973daf071687fb8c32ce95e95766a00.jpeg

• Like 6

It’s satin (first bass with) and loving the feel of it I might try  and rub down my precision neck to the same. 

I thought I’d miss a tone control but backing the very high output p pickup off acts like one and adding in the j also helps. I tend to run my basses open anyway so hasn’t made an impact to me.  

• Like 1

I bought a 2019 sonic blue Tribute JB-2 from Andertons in January and I’ve likely been using it the most out of my basses, with my band. Set up wasn’t too clever from the shop but I got it playing to my tastes within a couple of hours.

Pictured with my ‘08 sunburst Tribute JB-2 strung with flats

C1139B3C-DB31-46E5-9533-50277F29C0C8.jpeg

13 hours ago, Mudpup said:

Do it!!! Do it!!! Do it!!! 😂

Image result for devil on shoulder gif

You're not helping! I think once things get back to normal a purchase will be made.........maybe before if I go crazy

I think it'll be jazz shaped, but those Ps do look mighty tempting

• Like 1

On 24/03/2020 at 12:44, la bam said:

20200324_124311.thumb.jpg.775b065363a99c70036cbbc738665526.jpg20200324_124307.thumb.jpg.60d1d6c9f4611c072848b6bd71142cec.jpgThe lb100 tributes are quite solid, thick basses. But in a quality way.

They also look a lot better in the flesh than in their photos. The natural is stunning.

I believe (but I may be wrong) it's all the usa hardware, but it's just assembled overseas.

The let down usually is the string tree and the tuners

Could you post photos you of both sides of the headstock?

Thanks

6 hours ago, gareth said:

The let down usually is the string tree and the tuners

Could you post photos you of both sides of the headstock?

Thanks

So here are the parts from a tribute bass and from the G & L parts department 

The latter look much better quality and are USA parts

SO which type does the L100 have

Photos would be great!

43207E1B-B7E7-4AB3-A08B-DEED3FB22F42.jpeg

A21C4C6E-A366-4FE3-A548-D9CBFA993C40.jpeg

F3492B9E-5D9E-4B50-9178-93AF68EFCB3B.jpeg

EE311743-2072-41DC-B6F9-94C25D19CFF0.jpeg

8 minutes ago, la bam said:

These are what's on the tribute I have.

20200326_134317.jpg

Thanks for that

So i think a useful mod would be to use the American tuners and string tree which I expect are difficult to source here in U.K. 

FCE9292E-BDB4-463D-B8CE-0EEDD87DC90E.jpeg

347088A6-F9F9-4F55-9E4E-3B2FB12D8557.jpeg

Edited by gareth

Tbf, for £299, you could get a cracking little bass and mod it how you like for less than £500 total. Still always be a £299 bass but will hopefully play, feel and sound to how you like 👌🏻

I do like G&L basses, perhaps feeling the guitars were better made in comparison but still a fan. 

Well, in a twist, I'm going to sell mine.

I've left the tribute band I used this in, and have other basses, so it's simply surplus to my needs, as much as I'd like to keep it. I'd also had a special hard case specifically made for it.

I'll post the ad in the for sale section.

4 hours ago, gary mac said:

The LB100 is another Leo gem, shame they aren't recognised as such by the masses. I've not tried any of the Tribute range of basses but do own a couple of Tribute guitars and they are very good. :friends: 

I was about to say treat yourself to the lovely example for sale on here.....

But you're the one selling it 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2