Why become a member? ×

Leland Sklar YouTube play along

NoirBass

Day 100!!!!

Well I never imagined that this would go on as long as it has. I assumed that Lee would show us his bass parts for the last Phil Collins tour and that would be that. It's great to see that his channel has grown from a thing of mild curiosity to an important historical document for all musicians and fans. Lee's down to earth style, exceptional bass playing and fascinating anecdotes have kept me hooked from the start. However, this will be the last time I will post the links for Lee's videos on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has commented or liked (special thanks to @SpondonBassed for liking my posts pretty much every day!!), I hope we have have in some small part helped him build his viewer numbers. 

If you have been following along and want to continue to do so, I suggest you subscribe to his YouTube channel and/or sign up to his Clubhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs5yDeiOgkyRZGZGphlSbIw

Being the legend he is Lee has also managed to coincide his 100th day post with my birthday so I'm off to eat cake and work out what bass gear to spend my birthday money on.

Bye for now,

Chris / Noirbass

Joe Porcoro, RIP

Edited by NoirBass
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, NoirBass said:

special thanks

You are most welcome.

Although I have got Lee's YT page bookmarked, I liked that I could go from here to YT specifically for these clips and download them rather than endure the inline advertising.

It was nice to have the shortcut since Lee never slowed down in his delivery of informative and entertaining vids.  Quite the reverse in fact.  Workaholic tendencies were rumoured and now we've seen first hand how he dedicates himself to whatever he's doing.

I'm hoping he's either done his hot rod Show and Tell (mentioned in one of the links above) or is about to.  That car looks the biz.

See you elsewhere on the forum NoirBass.

Cheers and many happy returns for the day.

I too have been following Lee's exploits since the start of lockdown, its a great way for me to start my day, with himself and a cup of coffee bright and early everyday.  I've been following direct on YT, but thanks for taking the time to pin em up here every day!