Why become a member? ×

Leland Sklar YouTube play along

NoirBass

I've been following these on Youtube myself. Lee Sklar is such a wonderful bass player and quite obviously a genuinely nice bloke. I particularly loved the recent Livingston Taylor vid (day 62) - after all the great bass parts he's shown, including the Billy Cobham Spectrum numbers, Toto, Jackson Browne (that phrase in Doctor My Eyes!) - and he goes and messes up on what is essentially "a nice easy country number"...! :)
Thanks also to @NoirBass for starting and maintaining this thread. It makes for a great reference tool.

Edited by Stingray5
  • Thanks 1

I'm not usually bothered about these kinds of things when someone just sits down and plays, I already know they are good players. Hence I've watched more of Sklars because he includes interesting anecdotes and is happy to give his thoughts on subjects outside of music, from the perspective of the wisdom of someone that's been around and seen stuff, which makes them far more interesting to me.

• Like 3