Why become a member? ×

Coronavirus - Jazz v Precision?

spectoremg

30 minutes ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Precision (PJ) with jazz neck. Even though I don't actually own one... 😁

Would the honourable gent like a PJ with a jazz neck, and plenty of knobs to twiddle on? Would you Sire? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Times like these, what you want is a P with rounds and a J with flats.

😲

Which happens to be exactly what I have. 

Although I am thinking of swapping them round.

But that’s only because I’ll get bored stuck in the house.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Best get a Yammy BB then. They have passive aggression in their PJs down to a fine art. 

Tbh, before the virus drama, my plan was to sell 3 Fenders and put the cash towards a custom Sandberg build. 

I was talking to Holger at the end of 2018 and had spec'd a passive VT with stacked knobs and a specific neck profile (copy of my KT neck).

I was just about to pull the trigger and was umming and ahhing about the finish, when an ex-display passive TT4 came up at a bargain price, and I can't resist a Sandberg bargain, so I went for that instead. Still want that VT though! 🙄😁

Edited by DoubleOhStephan

I love Js, my no.1 is a Jazz (well, a very, very good MIJ copy) and much as I'm drawn to Ps, I've never found one I really got on with, either soundwise or playing.

If only there existed a through-neck P style bass with J neck proportions and 2x P pickups, preferably made in Japan in the late 70s/early 80s, with maple fingerboard and a natural finish...

Oh, bugger. :(

21 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I did both, I put one of my favourite jazz necks on an old P body I really like , and fitted a  tonerider pickup with a kiogon loom , and with Labella LTF’s , it sounds great. But normally I’m jazz all the way 🙂

7FDADD00-8543-4B5E-89B9-5169562CE4B4.jpeg

Donald "Duck" Dunne stylee!

Nice!

:)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

How do you get on with the bassmute, @Reggaebass?

Yeah good, I really like the muted sound sometimes and I’ve always used foam under the strings , and still do on a few other basses, but the good thing about the bassmute is with just a flick of the lever you can have 3 types of mute from light to full on , or completely off .

On 24/03/2020 at 18:04, Roger2611 said:

Got to be a Precision, it has been the weapon of choice by many bassists to wallop an errant punter over the head so it shouldn't have too much difficulty with an annoying virus, Jazz basses are for nice people!

They're perfect for the sweet innocent girl-next-door types too.

becky baldwin.jpg

• Haha 1