Why become a member? ×

Traded. 1990s Mk 1 Japanese Yamaha TRB4 jazz bass, Upgraded John East Uni pre 5 preamp, Price drop to £525.
£675
Kelsall

vinorange

Price drop to £525 with gig bag or £550 with hard case. No trades.

Up for sale is my near immaculate Mark 1 1990s Made in Japan Yamaha TRB4 Jazz Bass 4 string with a one piece ash body in a stained open grain natural finish with a new gotoh high mass bridge and upgraded brand new John East uni pre 5 pot 3 band active/ passive preamp. Controls are volume, balance, bass / treble, Mid / mid frequency select and passive tone. The passive tone works in both active and passive mode so this has huge tonal versatility. It has 24 frets, double cut away, sculpted body and gold hardware. The neck finish is satin so no stickiness here!

The condition is amazing for a 25 year old bass and these are incredible basses. These are pretty rare and particularly so in a natural finish. It has gold hardware which, unusually, is unmarked, high mass gold gotoh bridge and benefits from a recent set up with minor fret level, fret crown, fret polish and rosewood board oil treatment. Relief, action and intonation were set and it plays and sounds amazing. It’s got a new set of rotosound 45-105 round wounds on.

Based in Chester but can only ship now due to social distancing.

Specs are;

Ash body

24 frets

34” scale

6 bolt neck

John East preamp

Nut 1½”

19mm string spacing at the bridge

Neck 2½” at 24th fret

Weight 8 pounds

Controls: Vol, Balance, Bass / treble, Mid / mid frequency select, passive tone.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 1

Damn it, don't you know how hard I'm trying to resist this😁  I'm going to have to shift something to makes space (apparently I have too many already!) but if this hasn't gone by then...

• MB1 locked this topic