Why become a member? ×

Gibson G3 SOLD
£1250
Netherlands

Gibson G3 1976

Nice old black Gibson G3. This bass was made in 1976, of course in the USA. 

NhDfKSH.jpg

It's just a terrific playing and sounding bass with a voice of its own. Action goes low on this one, so it is really easy playing. The G3 has a rather clear and aggressive sound, which can be great for various styles. I've played it with rounds as well as flats, and it sounds great with both. It's a pretty light bass; my kitchen scale tells me it's weighing 3,65kg. 

A few more pics:

yy8ITp2.jpg

XVLu70V.jpg

bMOW44h.jpg

wOBFL0J.jpg

7dPAu8y.jpg

YomVKHt.jpg

kmpXQGK.jpg

EggpbIo.jpg

EWTtszH.jpg

1Sdhwcm.jpg

ejG6YHr.jpg

Qm11VZP.jpg

2JVqs0H.jpg

As you can see, the G3 is in a good shape for its age. It has a few small damages and some wear on the back of the neck, but overall it looks pretty clean. I've had people thinking it to be some kind of reissue a few times 😄

This bass plays really well and allows low action. The neck is straight and adjustable, and all hardware and electronics work like they should. Fretwork is good too. Apart from the strap buttons, all should be original. The intonation screws have been changed for shorter ones by the previous owner, but I've got the originals included in a little bag. 

This bass comes with it's original case, which is in very good shape too. Also some original paperwork is included. New Dean Markley strings have been fitted last week. 

As much as I love the playability and sounds of this bass, I rarely play it due to other sound preferences band-wise. I think it left the house about 5 times since I got it a year ago... So let's see if I can swap it for something different that I'll be using more. 

Asking €1.500

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped insured at buyers risk/expense. 

Trades/partial trades are welcome. I would be mainly interested in a good 2eq Stingray with lacquered full maple neck (like early 90s, would love a honeyburst).

Some other example of what I may like; a good precision (Squier jv/sq, quality copy), jazz bass special, early 80s precision special, good "lawsuit" era stuff, fretless 70s fender precision, effects... I am into 4 string basses, fretted or fretless. Usually I like traditionally styled stuff. 

Pm if you have any questions or an interesting proposal. 

Edited by MB1
  • Like 2

On 31/03/2020 at 13:28, Gary Williams said:

That used to be mine! Fantastic bass and great slap tone too!

I was looking at this and thinking exactly the same - in fact, I think it's still my Google profile picture. I should never have sold it, loads of fun :)

• Like 1