Why become a member? ×

Biggest Bass Drop... EVER!!! #Edit:It's come to my attention that the term “Bass Drop" is not universal so may I add that this thread is asking for members to share their favourite Outstanding Bass moments in songs & has nothing to do with dropping fish*

3 hours ago, xgsjx said:

This has to be one of my fave tracks with a bass drop, it comes in at 38 secs.  Have a decent pair of speakers or cans.

WHOA!!!..

Screenshot_20200324-105315.png.99948d45e87d53efa356eb3e62cccfae.png

That's some serious Dub and Grime influence there!!

Whilst this thread “briefly" meanders through trashy, ritualistic, “brain-stew" noise...

Here's something to calm and help soothe the transition into “self-isolation"...

LATEST UPDATE: Boris has just announced that “No Love" & “Guillotine" the “popular" “Rhythm & Blues" songs will be aired back to back, continually for 24 hours a day until the lift of the quarantine.  The two “songs" by successful American pop group Death Grips will be aired one-after-the-other on a constant loop on every single television channel, internet on-demand service and radio station and will also feature in “essential" pop-up screens on every tablet, computer and smartphone around the UK and some parts of Scunthorpe.  Boris has said that he has chosen these particular two “songs" to be what he calls “Anthems To The Times" as the audio and visual messages that they clearly portray sends a universal and fundamental message to the people to “keep calm and carry on" but to do so in a way that involves stopping everything that they are doing whilst maintaining an impulsive and rash mindset...

MC Ride, front man of Death Grips had this to say on the matter; “IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES!!...  GUILLOTINE!!!... YEA!!"

WARNING!!! Do not listen to Death Grips or Boris Johnson; Prolonged xposure kan rejuice IQue ladles jrastiklee.

Now to go check the Denier Measurement of the sofa's thread... (Cotton Count/Denier Measurement: Not currently a BC “thread" but I am thinking of starting one.  What's your thoughts?)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

Now to go check the Denier Measurement of the sofa's thread... (Cotton Count/Denier Measurement: Not currently a BC “thread" but I am thinking of starting one.  What's your thoughts?)

Ted, what are you on ?

And....err, can I have some ?   😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Weird track , but then they weren't a conventional band.

This was from their days before Wetton,  and after Ric Grech,  so the bassist is John Weider, i believe

Cripes, a very long time since I’ve heard that. Downright weird, as you say. 

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

Weird track , but then they weren't a conventional band.

This was from their days before Wetton,  and after Ric Grech,  so the bassist is John Weider, i believe

Wait!!... There is a joke in there somewhere, right?!..

“Weird/Weider?... No???..."  :scratch_one-s_head:

“...no??????..."

What evz!!!  ¬¬

• Haha 1

Well for lovers of Family   ( including me )  here's some footage of Wetton doing some tasty bass lines on In My Own Time

And same track, this time with Weider

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Well for lovers of Family   ( including me )  here's some footage of Wetton doing some tasty bass lines on In My Own Time

And same track, this time with Weider

Oooh, I like that... :i-m_so_happy:

Not just a great suggestion, thanks @fleabag ;) but really cool to listen to the two very different styles and techniques... 

Love it!!! 👍

What's with all the Guitar Necks though?!... Looks like a David Cronenberg movie  9_9

• Haha 2

A Family fan here as well (as you may have guessed). In case you didn't know, Chapman is still going strong (if infrequently) at the age of 77 (78 in a few weeks!). A stark contrast to the recently discussed sad case of Phil Collins. Luck of the draw I guess. Currently working on an album with Poli Palmer (Keys and Vibes in the above clips).

• Like 1