Why become a member? ×

Learning while isolating

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Thinking about it, I am often thrown by chord sheets with Gb on - probably because F# seems more common! In fact the only notes I 'see' easily as flats are Bb and Eb.

Stupid bloody brain I've got!

Nope. I'm the same.

It's learned. I don't think I was ever in a band that wrote songs with a Gb or a Db in the chord structure. However F#m cropped up all the time and Bb and Eb often came up too. A, D, G all the time. Heck, I only just discover B# and Cb aren't made up!

• Haha 1

A new course for bass guitar has gone onto Zoltan's Bass Lounge now, and this is free as well along with everything else on there at the moment. It covers the major scales and has sections for both 4 string and 5 string which is really cool. Another good one to check out, which is where I will be going shortly to get properly stuck in!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

I'm isolated, however because. I'm retired, under normal circumstances all I do with my time is practice.

I really miss gigging ,being around people and the energy we get from gigging.

Blue

Same here, just the same.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

I'm isolated, however because. I'm retired, under normal circumstances all I do with my time is practice.

I really miss gigging ,being around people and the energy we get from gigging.

Blue

Similar situation here. Jammed with some guys online had video chats with one of my bands, but nothing scratches that itch

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this @Zoltan Dekany 

I reckon to know my scales but I'm finding your position shift options really useful.

Thanks also for not promoting 1-finger-per-fret - that's a recipe for tendonitis! (EDIT - I meant particularly at the headstock end of the fretboard.)

Edited by JapanAxe
  • Like 1