Why become a member? ×

eBay Portugal

lonestar

Be warned of eBay's global shipping service. I just got scammed by a buyer using this service. Sent my parcel (recorded and tracked) to eBay's global hub in Staffordshire, duly received and tracking updated. Item sent overseas, tracked every step of the way, including delivery to the buyers door step, where he signed for it. 9 days later he filed an 'item not received' and instantly escalated it to eBay to resolve. eBay sided with the buyer, even though the parcel was tracked every step of the way. Appealed the case immediately, pointing eBay to the evidence of the tracking (which ironically was on their own system) - got an email 10 minutes later saying the case would STILL be in the buyer's favour as I had not been quick enough to respond to the original case with tracking info. They instantly took the money back from paypal. I was able to get it all sorted - but it took a good 1/2 hour on the phone to get a human to look at the issue.

3 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

How long did you take?

Well there is the thing. The buyer raised the case, and in the space of 2 mouse clicks - escalated it to eBay. I think if it is more than 10 days over the expected delivery date they don't have to wait for the seller to respond. The item was delayed by eBay's global shipping hub ( we do about 15-20 ebay sales a day and ship the same day for all orders received before 5pm, next day for after)..All tracking details are automatic through the API

Edited by sammybee

7 hours ago, lonestar said:

I quoted 4 quid thinking it’d be Uk but presume that I will have to get a quote and contact the buyer

Thanks Ray

I contacted the buyer to make him aware that the postage would be higher, around £11:00. (Royal Mail tracked and signed for). He replied that was fine. I’ve registered with eBay global so will probably use that. 

Edited by lonestar

Ebay global shipping hub is a bit of mystery to me. I sold a bass to a chap in Belgium and he was very reasonable about it but ebay checked it in to their own depot then lost it for weeks! Eventually the bass got to the Buyer, everyone happy, but once bitten etc. 

Luckily the buyer wasn't a tool. He was very disappointed as he'd been after that bass for years and I was the first person selling one in the right condition at the right price but if it had got lost we would have both been miffed! 

1 hour ago, oldslapper said:

Blimey! I must be the only person to have used the system without an issue. 😲

Sent guitars, and smaller musical items without a hitch.

Hope you sort it @lonestar 👍🏻

Thanks mate and thank you for all the other advice on here. I’ll let you know how it goes 

I think the maximum length is 120cm so basses can only be sent in a gig bag in a box to get it small enough.  I sent a Yamaha BB425 the USA USA believe it or not and everything went ok. I've just recently sent a SACD to a buyer in Japan and it arrived a few days ago 

Edited by Delberthot