Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton PJ75 Demo.

doc40hz

I have to say, this bass was terrible out the box. The fingerboard was the driest I have ever seen and the frets needed dressed as there was ridiculous buzzing everywhere. Got it playing very nicely now. The pickups are very "meh". Feels nice to play though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I recently bought the same model. Its my second foray into 5 string territory after previously failing miserably.

Its fair to say am absolutely delighted with it. Its very light for a 5 string. Mine never had any issues with Frets, action, intonation etc. Right out of the box it was very playable. Possibly because i am still getting comfortable with 5 string i havent noticed any issues. Am also really happy with the look and appearance of it. For the money its an absolute bargain and was considering getting another to put flats on. 

Just wish i could play mine as well as your playing in the video

• Thanks 1

Dry fingerboards are not only found on HB basses!

recently bought a Gibson SG bass, lovely apart from the inside of the case being full of fretboard dust, fretboard almost pink from dryness. 

11 hours ago, stewblack said:

OP must have been very unlucky. Never had a problem with any of the HB I've bought. Could literally take them out of the box and gig them. 

Indeed. Just unlucky. I've had a Spector Euro that needed a fret dress out the box!

9 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Think the OP has the action far too low.

9 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Think the OP has the action far too low.

The bass was not playable with a moderate/highish action. I checked all the frets with a rocker and it was like a roller coaster. It's a cheap bass, good ones are good but the bad ones are bad. I am convinced that cheap instruments when set up and fret levelled play as good as expensive ones This one now does. But out the box, it was not good! 

12 hours ago, RobF said:

Dry fingerboards are not only found on HB basses!

recently bought a Gibson SG bass, lovely apart from the inside of the case being full of fretboard dust, fretboard almost pink from dryness. 

Quite. Gibson are not currently renowned for their quality control!