Why become a member? ×

Tokai J ?

The neck is a concern to me, the seller doesn't make reference to the age of the bass which doesn't help but the old Tokai Jazz I owned had a truss rod access at the heel of the neck, the unbound headstock truss rod access on this bass is the normal for the cheapo Chinese necks, it could be a later bass which may have that type of truss rod access but I don't think that neck is from an early and hence desirable Tokai so personally I would walk away.....however, I don't profess to be an expert on Tokai basses

It's not a vintage Tokai, whatever it is, and in fairness the guy's not suggesting it is.

And (in my opinion) if it's not an 80s Hamamatsu-made replica, it doesn't really matter what the sticker on the end says. Pretty colour, though.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

If that really did have a Tokai logo on before, then putting a Fender logo on has probably devalued the bass.

Yep - we don't even know if it is a Tokai, other than the word of a counterfeiter.

Also, the fact that it has been defaced means that the description of "mint" is a lie.

• Like 1

I don’t know why people remove the logo and replace it with a fender one, I’ve got a tokai jazz and someone had done the same thing, it didn’t bother me too much because it is such a nice playing jazz , mine has the same string tree and tuners and is a sparkle finish, but the hardware on the OP’s one is different to mine.