Why become a member? ×

Those machine heads will fit........

mrn1989

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

"It's crazed the glaze!" - another damaged G4M acoustic being sold at a massive upcharge after some rudimentary hacking about.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blues-thumb-style-acoustic-electro-guitar/193427320449?hash=item2d092aae81:g:80AAAOSwLfZemY-o

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

His supreme level of bodgery has gone  to a whole new level with this neck !!, shocking !!! ;) 

John 

50 minutes ago, spectoremg said:

Is neck scalloping a thing?

Never seen it before, maybe he's heard about scalloped fretboards and thought this is what it meant? Quite how we go from that to a neck that looks like an 80s BMX grip I don't know.

Oh and this is in the description:

"but the LCD inbuilt tuner has a misty screen so I doubt it will ever work: get yourself an E tuning fork and learn to tune it by ear, you learn guitar much better that way."

It's got a knackered tuner and the top is protruding and has a massive crack, bracing is probably mangled too but hey, he's doing you a favour by removing your training wheels. Get a tuning fork and learn to play properly noob! No need to tune in silence at a gig, just whip a tuning fork out even though you can't hear anything!

Edited by lemmywinks

2 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Never seen it before, maybe he's heard about scalloped fretboards and thought this is what it meant? Quite how we go from that to a neck that looks like an 80s BMX grip I don't know.

Oh and this is in the description:

"but the LCD inbuilt tuner has a misty screen so I doubt it will ever work: get yourself an E tuning fork and learn to tune it by ear, you learn guitar much better that way."

It's got a knackered tuner and the top is protruding and has a massive crack, bracing is probably mangled too but hey, he's doing you a favour by removing your training wheels. Get a tuning fork and learn to play properly noob! No need to tune in silence at a gig, just whip a tuning fork out even though you can't hear anything!

Is the above sarcasm? Mind the Tuner would be good before 'Play Misty for Me'.....

'There must be thousands of people receiving guitars every year that are completely unplayable by human hand! ( as opposed to what type of hands?)'

Edited by yorks5stringer

8 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Is the above sarcasm? Mind the Tuner would be good before 'Play Misty for Me'.....

'There must be thousands of people receiving guitars every year that are completely unplayable by human hand! ( as opposed to what type of hands?)'

Yes that was me being sarcastic, the quoted bit in italics is genuine though. That car salesman tactic of turning a negative into a positive, like the built in tuner not functioning will aid learning the instrument. It looks like it's had some water damage to the screen so who knows how long the preamp will work.

I don't think he owns  any clamps either, you could do a better job with planks of wood and a few budget clamps. I did my daughter's cheap (and very pink) acoustic with a handful of ratchet clamps and some scrap wooden board. came out miles better than that.

20 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Yes that was me being sarcastic, the quoted bit in italics is genuine though. That car salesman tactic of turning a negative into a positive, like the built in tuner not functioning will aid learning the instrument. It looks like it's had some water damage to the screen so who knows how long the preamp will work.

I don't think he owns  any clamps either, you could do a better job with planks of wood and a few budget clamps. I did my daughter's cheap (and very pink) acoustic with a handful of ratchet clamps and some scrap wooden board. came out miles better than that.

I was being ironic, have to say that 'hacked off' neck is either genius or the biggest pile of poo ever seen. It's one thing being idosycratic, another being just lazy. I genuinely think this is the worst one yet.

• Thanks 1