Why become a member? ×

Those machine heads will fit........

mrn1989

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Yes, but has it got  'sloping of the pickup-set to give a gradient from thin strings to the bass ones'?

I'm just calculating the optimal angle and it'll be there!

I've also got to fix those darned un-fanned machines...

fGKsPHY.jpg

Edited by prowla

9 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

To be fair the USA P Bass with hard case and Badass II looks to be an ok deal providing it's all legit. Neckplate doesn't look to have the F stamp:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-bass-2006-with-hard-case/193387785595?hash=item2d06cf6d7b:g:TiwAAOSwhQhecldO

That's because he hasn't done anything to it!

That 7 to 6 string makes me feel very uncomfortable, what the hell is going on with those ferrules?

• Like 1

On 22/03/2020 at 09:42, lemmywinks said:

To be fair the USA P Bass with hard case and Badass II looks to be an ok deal providing it's all legit. Neckplate doesn't look to have the F stamp:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-bass-2006-with-hard-case/193387785595?hash=item2d06cf6d7b:g:TiwAAOSwhQhecldO

...there appears to be a Fender neck plate on the Hondo fretless he’s listing, oddly enough.

E756133F-FAB5-475D-B0A1-21410B72FC97.png

That's been flagged before, note the defret via shovel and crazy action. Definitely something up with that as rather predictably he's bottomed out the string slots in the nut (probably with the same shovel he used to rip the frets out):
s-l1600.jpg

That's the only closeup fretboard pic he's put on there although you can see from the other pics it's damaged all the way up. He has a big workshop full of tools and that could be sorted relatively easily for next to no money, apparently he places a value on his time (hence the markup) so why does this bass look the way it does?

• Confused 1

On 26/03/2020 at 11:32, No. 8 Wire said:

I'm pretty sure this guy dismantles all the gear he buys, throws it in a tombola and then picks out parts at random to make a guitar.

That Fender bass turning out looking like a HW1 is just pure random luck.

Yeah I've often wondered that, he seems to have an allergy to matching parts up. Rarely have two knobs the same on any given guitar, nor pick ups. I'm surprised he doesn't do the same with the strings 

Edited by sprocketflup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DarkHeart said:

Some fine workmanship there...

...well worth more than double the price of a new one from the manufacturer!

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_pb_50_sb_vintage_series.htm

Edited by prowla
  • Haha 1

On 20/03/2020 at 13:10, madshadows said:

His user name on ebay is mdphillips1956mark

Look him up and prepare for fun !! ;) 😛 

Oh god, that guy. I wish his hands were replaced with broccolis so he can't wield his tools anymore. Although I'm sure he'll just start buying up all the cheap 12-string ERB's on eBay and convert them to 6-string guitars for people with broccoli hands.

There once was a version of the famous Der Untergang scene made with subtitles about his "craftwork", but I can't find it anymore. It was fantastic.

Described as "shop soiled" which is either massively dishonest or he doesn't know what that means. It's one of G4M's many "exploded in transit" acoustics which are sold off at half price or less. Absolute firewood.

You can get the guitar brand new for £99:
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Deluxe-Single-Cutaway-Electro-Acoustic-Guitar-by-Gear4music-Sapele/C4Q