Why become a member? ×

Those machine heads will fit........

mrn1989

8 hours ago, madshadows said:

His user name on ebay is mdphillips1956mark

Look him up and prepare for fun !! ;) 😛 

Thanks mate, that was indeed entertaining.  It turns out, all his tuners are like that!

He's taken relicing from the merely roadworn to completely FUBARed.

Noone can accuse him of hiding anything though, he shows his abominations off in great detail!

My favourite is this metal 6 string... reduced from a 7 string.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193385394768

I love this guy, on the favourite sellers list!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

That's ÂŁ143 inc delivery new from Gear4Music with a full retail warranty or ÂŁ331.50 with a load of unnecesary bodging/vandalism applied.

Don't tell G4M, they'll butcher all their 7 strings down to 6 unevenly spaced ones so they can double the price!

Weirdly, I was expecting worse feedback for this guy.  No negative feedback and only a few scathing neutrals.

14 hours ago, No. 8 Wire said:

No negative feedback and only a few scathing neutrals.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets family members to buy them, then gives them their money back!

I'm loving the "By PCsGC" is starting to appear on his listings.😂

I suspect the Mods keep an eye on these threads and maybe only lock them when the  invective 'crosses the line'?

At the moment, the comments above are at teasing level (IMHO) but usually for the thread to be locked, someone makes a fairly offensive personal statement about our friend,  or a slanging match erupts, and that's when the party grinds to a halt.

However, rather like musical chairs, our friend is the gift that keeps giving, and a new thread will  be started, usually by someone who has not had their corneas  previously burned out by the bodgernomics on display.

For me his merchandise is like a fart: vaguely distasteful but equally awfully familiar, just like an old friend....

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

To be fair the USA P Bass with hard case and Badass II looks to be an ok deal providing it's all legit. Neckplate doesn't look to have the F stamp:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-bass-2006-with-hard-case/193387785595?hash=item2d06cf6d7b:g:TiwAAOSwhQhecldO

Looks like a “Highway One” with those machineheads. So perhaps not such a good price? Let’s hope he hasn’t touched the nut, otherwise that’ll need replacing. 

10 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Looks like a “Highway One” with those machineheads. So perhaps not such a good price? Let’s hope he hasn’t touched the nut, otherwise that’ll need replacing. 

Ah yeah, definitely looks like one of those, not a steal then! Wonder if he knows or not.

Has the 60th diamond anniversary badge on the back of the headstock but not the matching neckplate. Did they all come with those that year or was it just the specific anniversary models?

3 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Yep Highway One was my immediate thought.

It'd look better with fanned tuners, wouldn't you say?

My recent purchase of a MIM for ÂŁ100 was a better buy, though.

cnevLEa.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prowla said:

Yep Highway One was my immediate thought.

It'd look better with fanned tuners, wouldn't you say?

My recent purchase of a MIM for ÂŁ100 was a better buy, though.

cnevLEa.jpg

Yes, but has it got  'sloping of the pickup-set to give a gradient from thin strings to the bass ones'?