Why become a member? ×

Your Go To Bass

MJJS

The 5-string on the right. It's a 2012 Status S2 Classic bolt-on, previously owned by @Bonin-in-the boneyard. It's a very basic S2 without fancy woods or tone blocks or the like. Just a woven carbon graphite neck paired to a poplar body. It looks black in the picture, but it's actually a metallic anthracite and looks more like dark grey in person.

It's super comfortable, the neck is wide and flat and it has a huge range of tones. It's currently tuned a full step down to ADGCE because I've been using it in a doom metalband, and even with the light strings I have on it (.040-.125) it feels great and still sounds tight, and required zero adjustments to the setup. The neck didn't move at all. It's just brilliant.

DSC_1046_small.thumb.jpg.bd57a3bacaba71b4c4dda93d894f1dab.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

What strings are on your ss? I bet it sounds huge with the geezers through your orange amp. Very cool 😎

D'Addarios... nickel-coated (I think). 100s. Never got on with flatwounds... really don't like the feel. It seems I like to dig in on a cheesegrater and build up serious calluses.

The amp is an Orange Crush 50... it really does it for me. I 've tried my EBS Microbass pre-amp through it, but I always think "why bother?" Doesn't quite have enough puff for rehearsals and the 100 is too damn heavy for me... shame. I'm not a huge fan of drive/distortion, but the gain/blend is infinitely variable... have to dial it down a bit for the geezers.

you may also note that I like my Orange black!

• Like 1