Jump to content
Al Krow

Toughest bass line you play live?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, djc63 said:

The bass solo break in Call me Al. . . . . . . . .

Bakithi Kumalo didn't play that break. They edited what he did play and the second bar is just the first bar backwards.

He said he tried to play the break but couldn't do it. He approximates it on stage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2020 at 10:53, chris_b said:

Bakithi Kumalo didn't play that break. They edited what he did play and the second bar is just the first bar backwards.

He said he tried to play the break but couldn't do it. He approximates it on stage. 

Try explaining that to the guitard who insists you play it exactly as per the record.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggled with that years ago, until I looked up some live versions of it...wow, there's some car crashes out there, including a couple with Paul Simon himself...I felt a lot better about it after that 😁

Story goes it was Bakithi's birthday when they were recording it, so they all packed up early and went out, and the engineer took the first half and just reversed it for the second half...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whitesnake- Fool for your lovin....dear god it’s making me feel sick just thinking about it🤮

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good times bad times. The little solo bit are always rubbish when I play them and I find the verse bit almost impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko said:

Try explaining that to the guitard who insists you play it exactly as per the record.  

We did it for a bit but luckily dropped it. It never sounded good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spewy said:

Whitesnake- Fool for your lovin....dear god it’s making me feel sick just thinking about it🤮

Careful...Neil Murray is on here! 😁

I play a simplified version in my band, nobody notices trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

I play a simplified version in my band, nobody notices trust me.

Same here. Don't worry about it too much. The verse riff is easy enough. Trim back the chorus part but keep the essence of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Careful...Neil Murray is on here! 😁

I play a simplified version in my band, nobody notices trust me.

The songs amazing, I just can’t play it🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oopsdabassist said:

I play a simplified version in my band, nobody notices trust me.

Trust me, some people will!I  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always tend to struggle with getting into the pocket of Let's Dance.   It's a simple line but played so far behind the beat, and when you're on stage the last thing you are able to do is relax and slide into it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...