Why become a member? ×

Strings we've all been waiting for?

SteveK

I am amazed! I could never describe why I preferred not to use tapered strings and often found I would talk about intonation or "something up with tuning" high up the low strings. So, its not the intonation after all!

Well, I guess I ought to get these tried out then!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

See, us Scots once again tackling the real issues!😁

Not too much showing of the low B clarity, but it does sound very nice! I'll be saving my pennies and getting a set when I need a change on my 5 string!

Some nice playing and reverb, but not much use a string demo

• Like 1

Interesting concept, keeping my mind open about these, although fwiw Piano bass strings do 'lump' up but stay that way along the whole length of the string, instead of 'lumping' down again like this idea though. Different instruments though of course. 

Whilst discovering how piano bass strings are constructed (hey I'm self isolating/educating!) I had a thought - 

If piano bass strings are bronze wound (on round cores too if they're good ones) and Acoustic bass guitar strings are mostly bronze wound, then why are metal double bass strings not bronze wound? Why? It would make sense, no? Anyone know? 

I have a double bass and more than enough things to be worrying about as it is! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️😷👩‍👦‍👦

14 hours ago, phil.c60 said:

Not much us to me, I rarely venture above the 7th fret anyway.........😎  

Pray tell us about this mystical  7th fret.  I thought that there were only 5.

• Haha 3