Why become a member? ×

Northern soul to beat my anxiety

J66Bass

Hello you might think that I'm a bit of a stupid man but I'm trying to change my musical play and learn due to Chonic anxiety , so as french person in part lockdown in uk while my family in france are in total lockdown i was recommend northern soul music for good feel factor and to my surprise it s working so as post punk rock player that's a revelation LOL alleluia to music feel so if anyone has a tab, of The night by Francki Valli  i would like to start practice while home thanks for your can help ,best,Jeanmarie 

Edited by J66Bass
  • Sad 2

Any pro out you could help me as a gesture to a French compatriot who is living in uk for 30 years for the love of Britain,help greatly appreciate,the Uk won’t be spare we will go on lockdown very soon we don’t have a choice,Paris hospital are already far over stretched with case ,The whole of France and other Eu are on lockdown,this is not a normal flu.,I’m partially on lockdown already I quit my job on sick leave due to anxiety which I’m already medicated for ,my company in uk won’t  listen while our Us salon are call closed , I’m a hairdresser,we r not forced to work but some don’t really understand the situation,we have to stay home as much as possible,And London where I’m is the worst affected already,the army is already on the street,seem in Clapham /Brixton ,,thanks again stay safe stay healthy Jean marie

21 hours ago, J66Bass said:

i would like to start practice while in self isolation  ,thanks for your can help ,best,Jeanmarie 

I think a lot of people will be doing a lot of practising in the coming months. I did a quick search on Youtube and found some people playing bass for this song, no tab, but you should be able to work out from the finger positions.

Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Hi Jean Marie, I’m not sure if you have had a look through Chris’s tabs , there may be something there for you to practice, his work is first class 🙂

Thanks very very much 😊

• Like 1

23 hours ago, J66Bass said:

Hello you might think that I'm a bit of a stupid man but I'm trying to change my musical play and learn due to Chonic anxiety , so as french person in part lockdown in uk while my family in france are in total lockdown i was recommend northern soul music for good feel factor and to my surprise it s working so as post punk rock player that's a revelation LOL alleluia to music feel so if anyone has a tab, of The night by Francki Valli  i would like to start practice while in self isolation  ,thanks for your can help ,best,Jeanmarie 

Sorry to hear that you're isolated away from your family mate, that's a toughie. 

Have you tried working them out by ear at all? I don't know your level of ability but it will help no end to pick things out by ear. 

A lot of Northern Soul records were US imports from Tamla Motown (the label name we got on these shores) and the bass was mixed well and pumping! Should be easy to pick out. 

Great idea for isolating /lock down by the way. If we can't go out, stay in and dance! Uplifting vibes needed now more than ever! 

Dancehall Ska would be a another positive style to get bopping to. 

Good luck friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1