Why become a member? ×

!! SOLD PENDING !! Chapman ML1B Dave Hollingworth - Fanned Frets
£900
High Wycombe

Prime

Really cool bass, I just don't play it as much as it deserves. They don't make these anymore, I brought this from Andertons a couple months ago and only used at home and at band practise. 

Currently set up to BEAD, so get some fresh strings if you want it in standard.

Action is VERY low - lowest out of any bass I've played. I do have a light touch so you may have to raise it if you're heavy handed.

Super super playable, neck shape is really comfy. Thin, but fits your hand nicely.

The pickups are very low output, which gives it great clarity and dynamics. Neck pickup sounds P-like and the bridge is honky, middle position is where it's at though. Also sounds incredible with distortion and a pick.

Would prefer collection, but I could post once I find a box. Comes with hardcase.

Not interested in trades but try me, I've been looking at P-basses and Telecasters recently...

20200318_121255.thumb.jpg.e0b776cbb8203500064084531a9818d4.jpg

20200318_121357.jpg

20200318_121321.jpg

20200318_121301.jpg

20200318_121316.jpg

Edited by Prime
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Perroid said:

Hi! What is the scale length on these? And I assume you'd need a nut adjustment if you'd go for EADG?

Thanks!

Hey, scale length is 35 to 32.76". Should be fine to keep the nut the same, I use really light strings for BEAD (120-50.) It's the same nut from the factory, which was for standard

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oo, nearly grabbed one of these when they were on sale, they seem like the perfect cross between a Warwick Thumb and an Ibanez SR.  Low output surprises me a little though? How low? 

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Oo, nearly grabbed one of these when they were on sale, they seem like the perfect cross between a Warwick Thumb and an Ibanez SR.  Low output surprises me a little though? How low? 

It feels more similar to a Thumb, but you're right it's a great cross. The pickups are Bartolini's (https://bartolini.net/product/9cbjd1/) which are between 8-9k Ohms. TBH I'm not really used to single coil pickups on bass so I'm not too sure how they compare to others, but definitely compared to humbuckers they are low output. However, like I said, this bass easily has the most clarity out of my collection.

• Kev locked this topic