Left leaderboard
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

7 minutes ago, bassfan said:

A Sadowsky.... I even started a thread sometime ago. 

No. Not in the slightest. 🤬😂

Just get it done...I did last night with a glass of Pinot in hand.

Dutch courage...maybe 😂

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Just get it done...I did last night with a glass of Pinot in hand.

Dutch courage...maybe 😂

Not buying new. Have my eye on a beauty though.... 😉

7 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Not buying new. Have my eye on a beauty though.... 😉

Go on...

We are doing spring cleaning and throwing a lot of crap away 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Guess that makes sense at the moment. Might mention that to my wife ............then again maybe not :laugh1:

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I had heard of Pendon but had to google it. Famous for its museum of model railways i see.

The most impressive part of Pendon is a large model based on the Vale of the White Horse (formerly in Berkshire but now in Oxfordshire following boundary changes in the 1970s). Everything is hand-made, from locos and rolling stock to every blade of grass. I first visited the place in about 1968 or 9 with a school friend who was very into model railways, and next went about ten years ago - still a work in progress! The level of detail is astonishing - the cottages and other buildings are all made in card from scratch by members of a team. I have visited the place often since moving back to Oxfordshire nearly 8 years ago, and I see things I had missed on every visit. 

It really is much more than a model railway, more an incredibly detailed landscape model that has a railway line running through it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Guess that makes sense at the moment. Might mention that to my wife ............then again maybe not :laugh1:

5BE9F228-9912-4329-B677-3349370033A5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

All the drawers that I didn’t get to, old toys to eBay, letters that needed filing and some music bits into Recycling here. Some cleaning 

quite pleased with it actually as normally we work all weekend and achieve little due to childcare. I am actually working all week but from home, I’m not on furlough 

Edited by Geek99

29 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

5BE9F228-9912-4329-B677-3349370033A5.jpeg

She won an Oscar for that performance but didn’t want to keep it ? 

54 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

My wife's been doing that this afternoon while I was playing bass. 

Today I've been mostly trying to sort out a tree in my garden which had several broken branches from the last snow fall. Although I'm trying my very best to self isolate (something I do quite naturally anyway) and only go into town once a week for food shopping, I had to give in in the end, brave the apocalypse, and go to the hardware shop to buy a new chainsaw, after it became obvious my old one was either going to die, or kill me. 

Oh well. At least it will come in handy once the zombies start to show up. 

(Cue my very best leatherface impression)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Today I've been mostly trying to sort out a tree in my garden which had several broken branches from the last snow fall. Although I'm trying my very best to self isolate (something I do quite naturally anyway) and only go into town once a week for food shopping, I had to give in in the end, brave the apocalypse, and go to the hardware shop to buy a new chainsaw, after it became obvious my old one was either going to die, or kill me. 

Oh well. At least it will come in handy once the zombies start to show up. 

(Cue my very best leatherface impression)

Careful with that axe Eugene :laugh1:

Diary of a Mad Axeman :laugh1:

All these images coming to mind now. @Newfoundfreedom. 2 years ago i removed a large Silver Birch tree from the garden as it was blocking morning sunlight onto my new patio so it had to go. Did it all with a single handle hand saw. Was hard going to be fair but good exercise for my plucking hand. Cut away a branch at a time till i got to main trunks (double trunk each about 12" across) and then cut them down using ropes to make sure it fell into my garden and not on the farmers fence. Once down i shredded everything i could up to about one inch diameter and the rest cut into metre lengths and taken to local tip for disposal. Aaaahhhhhh that was a good year 

DSCN1208.JPG

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

My wife's been doing that this afternoon while I was playing bass. 

Yes she told me that ... “lazy gnu India tango”

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Careful with that axe Eugene :laugh1:

Diary of a Mad Axeman :laugh1:

All these images coming to mind now. @Newfoundfreedom. 2 years ago i removed a large Silver Birch tree from the garden as it was blocking morning sunlight onto my new patio so it had to go. Did it all with a single handle hand saw. Was hard going to be fair but good exercise for my plucking hand. Cut away a branch at a time till i got to main trunks (double trunk each about 12" across) and then cut them down using ropes to make sure it fell into my garden and not on the farmers fence. Once down i shredded everything i could up to about one inch diameter and the rest cut into metre lengths and taken to local tip for disposal. Aaaahhhhhh that was a good year 

DSCN1208.JPG

I'm exhausted just reading that. 

There's a reason they invented petrol. 😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'm exhausted just reading that. 

There's a reason they invented petrol. 😂

My brother in law used to do all the chainsaw work for me but since his quad accident last year he suffered broken neck and back and paralysed now.

I've never fancied using a chainsaw after the stories he told me about them.

Dave

• Like 1

Setting up my study for internet music and Skype lessons (the oxygen bottle is for my PCP air rifle)

IMG_0995.jpg

• Like 1

Fixing the tv remote control after my kids decided to push in the little light bulb / sensor. Should’ve been easy but the thing is old and the plastic cracked and distorted in the process. 
It works now but looks like a dog has chewed it. 

8 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Setting up my study for internet music and Skype lessons (the oxygen bottle is for my PCP air rifle)

IMG_0995.jpg

The O2 bottle is part of an elaborate fuel injection system for hyper bass playing i bet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gareth said:

I scared myself and the wife watching this

Thank you for posting this.  Very interesting and informative.  And, yes, scary because it is going to keep on happening unless the rest of the world put pressure on China so that this barbaric practice is outlawed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRev said:

I've spent a couple of hours recording audio and video for a public information film on the dangers of going on holiday during a pandemic...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3151932258150471&id=131726416837752

Shared - if we all shared this it would probably hit London by lunchtime, and us west country bumpkins would be most appreciative, even if only stopped a couple of Groks coming down for a jolly at this time - thanks !

😎

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul S said:

Thank you for posting this.  Very interesting and informative.  And, yes, scary because it is going to keep on happening unless the rest of the world put pressure on China so that this barbaric practice is outlawed.

I suppose we shouldn’t have live bat soup again today Paul?

0E0B5DEA-23CA-4FEB-9A50-61D93A41E4F5.jpeg

Edited by gareth

14 minutes ago, gareth said:

I suppose we shouldn’t have live bat soup again today Paul?

0E0B5DEA-23CA-4FEB-9A50-61D93A41E4F5.jpeg

I'd prefer a Bud and a Korma :laugh1:

• Haha 1