gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

2 hours ago, gareth said:

I saw this tweet this morning and it’s got me wondering about what exactly is going on

”THERE YOU HAVE IT. !!!!! Impact of coronavirus on stock exchanges worldwide, within 1 month: 

🇺🇸 -26%
 🇬🇧 -26%
 🇨🇦 -25%
 🇧🇷 -27%
 🇷🇺 -20%
 🇦🇪 -19%
 🇿🇦 -16%
 🇦🇺 -24%
 🇮🇳 -14%
 🇸🇬 -17%
 🇭🇰 -12%
 🇰🇷 - 17%

Now, look at this: 

🇨🇳 (China) + 0,3%“

Curious eh?!?

This is only about 4 posts away from the current favourite of the conspiracy theorists "The Chinese created the virus to destroy the western economies" I can feel it coming🙄

• Confused 1

Depends if you believe the figures - there are lies, dammed lies and Government Statistics ............

😎

• Like 1

Look what the postman bought this morning 

Now I’ve just got to teach my wife how to use it!

025AFC0F-EDAF-41EA-8343-9683912983A8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gareth said:

Just don’t do what my partner did to my son and forget to put the comb on , he wanted a number 4,  and got a number 0, with the first swipe, he looked like a cueball 😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

Just don’t do what my partner did to my son and forget to put the comb on , he wanted a number 4,  and got a number 0, with the first swipe, he looked like a cueball 😂

My wife did that to me!!  I asked her to tidy up the back, dropped the comb off passed her the clippers.  Clearly she misunderstood and proceeded to shave a number 0 stripe up the back of my head.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Pretty sure our very own @FinnDave will be in on this long hair bit. :lol: 

Well, it'd be rude not to now I've been tagged! My hair is about armpit length, and has been for some years now, doesn't seem to get any longer.

Beard is shorter and less straggly than my avatar pic, had my 'summer's coming' trim last night. From some angles, I look almost presentable now - I'll have to do something to change that!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Well, it'd be rude not to now I've been tagged! My hair is about armpit length, and has been for some years now, doesn't seem to get any longer.

Beard is shorter and less straggly than my avatar pic, had my 'summer's coming' trim last night. From some angles, I look almost presentable now - I'll have to do something to change that!

How you gonna stand it in the hot summer months?

4 minutes ago, gareth said:

How you gonna stand it in the hot summer months?

The hair or the beard? I've had both for many summers already!!

• Like 2

What am I doing...  GASing for the same bass I’ve been gassing for for a while ... 😤

• Haha 3

Today i will be doing mainly what i did yesterday.

Get up, feed cats, breakfast, exercise, lunch, play bass, model railway stuff, play bass, feed cats, dinner, watch TV, bed, rewind and repeat.

On occasion i will break with the procedures and go get some shopping as and when required.

My life is complete. :laugh1:

Dave

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

Get up, feed cats, breakfast, exercise, lunch, play bass, model railway stuff, play bass, feed cats, dinner, watch TV, bed, rewind and repeat.

Dave

We have more in common than I thought!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

We have more in common than I thought!

Been into model railways since being a kid. Currently don't have a layout. HAd one in spare room but people kept visiting and lifting expensive and rare locos like a toy. Dismantled with intention of loft layout but having read so many negative reviews against it based on building regs i decided to have a rethink. Now looking at garden shed or specific building maybe next year once this covid-19 thing is sorted out. Priced on line for 5m x 3m garden building rather than shed which comes insulated kind of expensive bass prices.Making the most of housebound and building various models or house kits i've been buying over past few years.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gareth said:

I've just been thinking about getting myself a Wahl too - I guess that is obviously the brand that most of us bassist's will be naturally inclined to go for. 

It does feel like taking a bit of a haircut on a Wal though.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, bassfan said:

What am I doing...  GASing for the same bass I’ve been gassing for for a while ... 😤

Which is?

47 minutes ago, bassfan said:

And I’m not helping am I?

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've just been thinking about getting myself a Wahl too - I guess that is obviously the brand that most of us bassist's will be naturally inclined to go for. 

It does feel like taking a bit of a haircut on a Wal though.

It’s the opposite end of the price range

18 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

On occasion i will break with the procedures and go get some shopping as and when required.

My life is complete. :laugh1:

Dave

Which reminds me that I must rewatch 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Been into model railways since being a kid. Currently don't have a layout. HAd one in spare room but people kept visiting and lifting expensive and rare locos like a toy. Dismantled with intention of loft layout but having read so many negative reviews against it based on building regs i decided to have a rethink. Now looking at garden shed or specific building maybe next year once this covid-19 thing is sorted out. Priced on line for 5m x 3m garden building rather than shed which comes insulated kind of expensive bass prices.Making the most of housebound and building various models or house kits i've been buying over past few years.

Dave

I've got a stash of Metcalfe buildings that I do a little work on in breaks form bass playing - all in the same room :)  Lack of space means my eventual layout will be smaller than the one I abandoned when I moved back here, but will have plenty of buildings! Living a few miles from Pendon can be either inspiring or depressing, at times!

I called in on Nick Metcalfe about 9 years ago when I had ridden over here from Finland on my Harley - he was very welcoming, considering a complete stranger had roared up mid morning on a summer Sunday!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I've got a stash of Metcalfe buildings that I do a little work on in breaks form bass playing - all in the same room :)  Lack of space means my eventual layout will be smaller than the one I abandoned when I moved back here, but will have plenty of buildings! Living a few miles from Pendon can be either inspiring or depressing, at times!

I called in on Nick Metcalfe about 9 years ago when I had ridden over here from Finland on my Harley - he was very welcoming, considering a complete stranger had roared up mid morning on a summer Sunday!

I had heard of Pendon but had to google it. Famous for its museum of model railways i see.

22 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Yay 😁 

32AD699F-E196-488B-A2A1-869051ADAAB9.jpeg

1785FF80-A950-41BC-9BCA-AA5E52DD7CC7.jpeg

96AACB78-1BA2-4FC1-9630-DF46159935F8.jpeg

What did you use on the neck Andy. That's quite a change of colour there.

Liking the fret straddle. Where did you get that from. ?

Dave

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, gareth said:

Which is?

A Sadowsky.... I even started a thread sometime ago. 

52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

And I’m not helping am I?

No. Not in the slightest. 🤬😂

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

What did you use on the neck Andy. That's quite a change of colour there.

Liking the fret straddle. Where did you get that from. ?

Dave

The Sadowsky RV4 had been cased for quite a while so the Morado (Pau Ferro) had become quite dry. I just used Dunlop 65 “ultimate lemon oil” - did an application, left for 2 minutes. Polished the frets (fret straddles are about £2 on eBay - be warned they eventually burr up and can mark the fingerboard) and then a further application and rubbed excess away with a microfibre cloth.

Looks lovely now, and more figured.

• Thanks 1