gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Yesterday, along with Mrs B I cleared out the greenhouse, cleaned the summer white coating off the outside, washed the glass inside and out, and lined it with bubble wrap for the winter, so it’s ready for the spring seeding.

Today I’m bassing at our church’s two morning services - one’s a live stream - then I’ll be watching the last afternoon of Goodwood Speed Week.

Edited by Baxlin

Writing another book. I’ve a children’s book set to go off to the publishers this week and I’m working on another. Then it’s back to the YA stuff and the Maelstorm follow up 

• Thanks 1

After getting up at 6am to let the pup out and feed him. Then some play and a long walk I’ve settled down for the Moto3/2/GP 

On 18/03/2020 at 11:58, gareth said:

I keep thinking I’m in a dream and suddenly going to wake up

But no it all seems real

I keep having the same dream 

I watched ground hog day again and I keep humming sonny and Cher 

Still light at the end of the tunnel with vaccines 

This made me laugh 

6A4E1981-2939-40D7-926B-E8BBE5C4279E.jpeg

• Haha 2

Well this time round I’m working normal shifts - last time I was on 3 days, working from home for 2. 

See how long it lasts for, that may change.

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Well this time round I’m working normal shifts - last time I was on 3 days, working from home for 2. 

See how long it lasts for, that may change.

Stay safe

It’s been a long wait but once we’ve all been vaccinated perhaps normality will return 

Who knows this time next year we might still be recovering from that epic and well paid NYE gig

• Thanks 2

Productive weekend bass wise - I have been working with the guys to see if we can get some music stuff going despite Lockdown 3.

- Successfully collaborated on a recording a demo song (drums, guitars and bass)

- Got Jamulus up and running and had a successful test with guitarist - virtual jamming may be an option.

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 2

Got as far as thinking about learning the bass line to Senor. Then reality kicks in and I have to walk the dogs, fill the bird feeders, clean out and lay the fire, make dinner, pay the bills sort, out the tax........

• Like 2

What am I doing, watching the snooker and looking forward to a nice lazy week on leave where I watch more snooker and just chill. Have a bit of work to do on one of my Precisions, a pickup and scratchplate change but other than that it’s feet up time.
I know such sentiments might seem a tad insensitive given that for many that’s pretty much all they are able to do at present due to lockdown, but working in maintenance and health & safety has had its challenges recently shall we say, and I just need a recharge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gareth said:

Am I alone in seeing a likeness?

A8326D18-99C0-4906-B44B-F4AC10F7F8BF.jpeg

He's always been called Harry Hewitt since he was born by most of the people I know.

1 hour ago, gareth said:

Am I alone in seeing a likeness?

A8326D18-99C0-4906-B44B-F4AC10F7F8BF.jpeg

The only inconvenient matter being that Diana met James Hewitt in 1986.  Harry was born in 1984.

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

The only inconvenient matter being that Diana met James Hewitt in 1986.  Harry was born in 1984.

Why let facts get in the way of a great story! 😂

• Haha 1

The strange thing about Harry is that people who know him seem to think he's a decent human being. He was never going to fit in...

• Haha 1

I'm just hanging in there. I'm dealing with another surgery this month and new teeth next month.

No gigs right now, however we are booked up for the summer. We'll be back out there in early June.

Blue

12 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

I'm just hanging in there. I'm dealing with another surgery this month and new teeth next month.

Best wishes.