gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Wind has been blowing the birds backwards all day and there's a thunderstorm almost overhead just now, the bigger birds are giving up trying to get near so landing on the drive and walking up. I'll have to pick up and refill the feed holders before putting them back on the posts later.

Making a compost bin from old pallets (don't expect a build diary) and listening to the Live Aid concert on Spotify. Was that really 35 years ago??

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Making a compost bin from old pallets (don't expect a build diary) and listening to the Live Aid concert on Spotify. Was that really 35 years ago??

And there will never be another success like it again i reckon.

Maybe we'll get a Covid Aid next year.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

34 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Maybe we'll get a Covid Aid next year.

With no one attending presumably?

• Haha 1

On 03/07/2020 at 12:57, dmccombe7 said:

Keep us posted with pics. Should be an interesting wee project.

Dave

got it finished last night (far left).  Just needs a little fettling to sort out the action and find the source of a bit of a buzz on the open E.........

IMG_20200726_101343.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikebass456 said:

got it finished last night (far left).  Just needs a little fettling to sort out the action and find the source of a bit of a buzz on the open E.........

IMG_20200726_101343.jpg

That looks very nice indeed. Well done sir.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Building a desk (we are having a rejig of our work from home arrangements) from some scrap wood I have .

44A8F649-B657-4F1C-8B5F-193DC03D312A.jpeg

56582412-57E8-4A69-8572-C81E6D92E337.jpeg

ABF7821F-0834-44C5-B3B9-19E42A8B3128.jpeg

• Like 4

The hedgehogs have been turning up again after a long absence, so I fixed the hedgehog house

• Like 3

I was called at 14.45 this afternoon and asked if I'd like to join some friends for an informal jam by the river in Oxford. Five minutes later, I was on my way! Without random events like this, I'd be going mad by now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nail Soup said:

Building a desk (we are having a rejig of our work from home arrangements) from some scrap wood I have 

ABF7821F-0834-44C5-B3B9-19E42A8B3128.jpeg

Looks good. Just hope no-one is trapped behind that door! :D

• Haha 3

Trying to stop myself playing bass. I seem to have gone mad in the last week and all I want to do is pick up the bass and play anything my fingers create (mostly not musical sadly). At any time, all the time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I was called at 14.45 this afternoon and asked if I'd like to join some friends for an informal jam by the river in Oxford. Five minutes later, I was on my way! Without random events like this, I'd be going mad by now.

It wasn’t Mole, Rat, Toad and Badger was it?

• Haha 2

On 27/07/2020 at 10:13, mentalextra said:

It wasn’t Mole, Rat, Toad and Badger was it?

I never reveal my sources of information!

• Haha 2

This morning around 5.45 am I was looking south at the night sky from my patio & saw this:

image.png.c6ef4394eb7f39499fae773338a93f6d.png

Didn't know what it was but by chance I'm reading 'COSMOS' by Carl Sagan - The Story of Cosmic Evolution, Science and Civilisation.

They traversed from NW to SE in about 5 min. Amazing to watch.

I retreated in doors to make a cup of tea and prepare for alien invasion but decided to check the inter-web first and came across this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanocallaghan/2020/04/21/what-are-those-strange-moving-lights-in-the-night-sky-elon-musks-starlink-satellites-explained/#66f9d9237cbc

Edited by grandad
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, grandad said:

This morning around 5.45 am I was looking south at the night sky from my patio & saw this:

image.png.c6ef4394eb7f39499fae773338a93f6d.png

Didn't know what it was but by chance I'm reading 'COSMOS' by Carl Sagan - The Story of Cosmic Evolution, Science and Civilisation.

They traversed from NW to SE in about 5 min. Amazing to watch.

I retreated in doors to make a cup of tea and prepare for alien invasion but decided to check the inter-web first and came across this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanocallaghan/2020/04/21/what-are-those-strange-moving-lights-in-the-night-sky-elon-musks-starlink-satellites-explained/#66f9d9237cbc

The SpaceX stuff is just a conspiracy theory.

It's actually the Lizard People invading now that coronavirus has weakened our defenses.

183250-hawkwind-light-orchestra-carnivor

Landed yesterday.

It's good, in parts excellent.

Ventured into the loft to start clearing it out .....christ knows how we accumulated so much tack over the years ...

49 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Having a beer to take the edge off last nights idiocy.

What were you on last night then? 

Sitting down finishing-off last night's bottle of red* (and contemplating opening another) after a productive day: replaced the inlet valve in the toilet this morning, repaired and serviced the lawn-mower then strimmed and cut my and my neighbour's lawns, then cooked dinner. A steadier day tomorrow, I think.

What shenanigans did you get up to last night @AndyTravis to cause such a bad head? Or can't you say/remember?

*Fierce Allure 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon by Some Young Punks. Very palatable...

Sat down in front of the Snooker English Open Semi Final on the box, with some Sainsbury’s lemon chicken in the oven. 

54 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

What were you on last night then? 

Wine, beer, cocktails...it was stupid.

• Haha 2