Jump to content
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MoJo said:

I have a nasty suspicion that mine has disappeared 

Oh no, that doesn't sound promising :/

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoJo said:

I have a nasty suspicion that mine has disappeared 

Fingers crossed you are OK.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just walked three miles... too hot for that nonsense. Anyway, we got back to find we had our wine delivery, stashed at the back of the house. Twelve bottles of vino rosado and two bottles of Cava. We decided if we can't go to Spain, Spain can come to us.

These are just a cut above our usual stuff... we're not posh sippers, we're quaffers... and we like pink or fizz (or even pink fizz). We've signed up with a wine company and we now have a "wine advisor"... he's in the phone book next to my Mars Bar advisor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trueno said:

he's in the phone book next to my Mars Bar advisor.

Probably knows about as much - been there, done that (not for long)

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cycling, more cycling, a bit of a cycling - tripped over 5500 km for the year to date last night.  It's helped contribute to a 2020 weight loss of 28.8lbs

Swapped my bedroom and my study over, new furniture bought and assembled (you have to love IKEA!)

Finally I've been building a bit of Lego!  I've got the 911 GTS build on the go and just built the functioning flappy paddle gearshift thingy!

Love not having to commute as I'm working rom home but also hate that I no longer have a demarkation between work and play - it's all too easy to get distracted during working hours but equally you're more amenable to doing the odd thing here/there outside of what would have been your 'normal' working hours.  Swings and roundabouts I guess.

 

Edited by DaytonaRik
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 16/06/2020 at 13:19, Bluewine said:

Maple Road Blues Band kicks off our first outdoor concert June 25 at 7 pm! $5 admission to limit capacity to 250 people. What you need to know here: https://www.thelmaarts.org/press/thelma-sadoff-center-for-the-arts-announces-restructure-of-11-thursdays-of-summer-concert-series/

 

Lucky you!  In the UK live performances are still prohibited despite pub venues being allowed to open from July 4th - 

"1.23 Can I go to the theatre or a concert?
At this stage, it is not yet safe for live performances, including dramatic, musical or comedy performances, to take place in front of a li
ve audience. This is because of the increased risk of transmission associated with these types of activities or as a result of patrons needing to raise their voices to be heard over background music.

There may be an additional risk of infection in environments where you or others are singing, chanting, shouting or conversing loudly. This applies even if others are at a distance to you. You should therefore avoid environments that require you to raise your voice to communicate with anyone outside your household.
"

Edited by DaytonaRik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

Probably knows about as much - been there, done that (not for long)

😎

I have very basic tastes... not too sweet, not too dry... middle for diddle... and that's just the Mars Bars... same goes for wine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trueno said:

Just walked three miles... too hot for that nonsense. Anyway, we got back to find we had our wine delivery, stashed at the back of the house. Twelve bottles of vino rosado and two bottles of Cava. We decided if we can't go to Spain, Spain can come to us.

These are just a cut above our usual stuff... we're not posh sippers, we're quaffers... and we like pink or fizz (or even pink fizz). We've signed up with a wine company and we now have a "wine advisor"... he's in the phone book next to my Mars Bar advisor.

BBQ PARTY at your house..................WHOO HOO !!!!! :laugh1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaytonaRik said:

Cycling, more cycling, a bit of a cycling - tripped over 5500 km for the year to date last night.  It's helped contribute to a 2020 weight loss of 28.8lbs

 

 

WOW !!!! that's impressive. Well done sir.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Trueno said:

I have very basic tastes... not too sweet, not too dry... middle for diddle... and that's just the Mars Bars... same goes for wine.

We tend to wards sweet, I'm OK for reds but the rose and whites are getting low. Cleaned the chimenea out and done some maintenance ready to light again later. Other than that I'm hiding out of the sun which is pretty fierce just now

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dave moffat said:

We tend to wards sweet, I'm OK for reds but the rose and whites are getting low. Cleaned the chimenea out and done some maintenance ready to light again later. Other than that I'm hiding out of the sun which is pretty fierce just now

Used to be  Cabernet Sauv fan and drifted into Shiraz and Merlot's always D rated for the flavour.

Recently i was given a white wine for Xmas from M&S and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Had tried various whites before from cheap to expensive ones and always tasted vinegar to me.

Now find a nice white works a treat on a warm day. (i'm still experimenting with whites to find ones i really like.

Rose wine always fits the bill on a warm day too.

Today with the BBQ i'm having a champagne that was a Xmas gift from a work contractor that's been lying in cupboard for few years now.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave moffat said:

Just found half a case of Reisling 🥰

Found?  How on earth did you lose it in the first place?!?!?!?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaytonaRik said:

Found?  How on earth did you lose it in the first place?!?!?!?!

Moving house, still a lot of stuff I haven't sorted out yet and yes, the rest of the case is long gone.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been building a big garden planter trough thingy from decking planks. Will be building another one if this one works out ok.

082A134A-CC1D-4837-997D-387309E1E614.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My bass mojo seems to have vaporised over the last few weeks, so I am currently spending most of time building and sailing model boats. Well, we all need a hobby, and my eyesight isn't quite good enough to fly model planes anymore.

This is one someone else built nearly 30 years ago, I was offered it cheap but needing work. The work is now complete, this was its first time on the water since I finished restoring it. It's just under two feet long.

50030020688_824574303b_c.jpgBilling's Boulogne Etaples by Dave S., on Flickr

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nail Soup said:

Been building a big garden planter trough thingy from decking planks. Will be building another one if this one works out ok.

082A134A-CC1D-4837-997D-387309E1E614.jpeg

Very nice.

You really should take the labels of the ends of the boards. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

My bass mojo seems to have vaporised over the last few weeks, so I am currently spending most of time building and sailing model boats. Well, we all need a hobby, and my eyesight isn't quite good enough to fly model planes anymore.

This is one someone else built nearly 30 years ago, I was offered it cheap but needing work. The work is now complete, this was its first time on the water since I finished restoring it. It's just under two feet long.

50030020688_824574303b_c.jpgBilling's Boulogne Etaples by Dave S., on Flickr

Nice one Dave. What kind of work did it need ?

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmccombe7 said:

Very nice.

You really should take the labels of the ends of the boards. :lol:

Good point...... although we still have stage two coming up to sort out the decoration .... probably will get painted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After sitting round on my donkey since getting back from quarantine on a ship, I've been looking for work to very little success. I was offered a couple of 0 hour contracts which didnt seem "legit." However a job offer came through the other day and I've been training for it all week. I've also signed up online for a PT course so I have a side hustle and could potentially supplement being a weekend warrior (if that will ever be a thing anymore) with being my own boss during the week too.

Edited by davegriffiths91
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nail Soup said:

Good point...... although we still have stage two coming up to sort out the decoration .... probably will get painted.

I never paint decking boards as the paint always seems to flake of so now i use a decking oil stain and then standard decking oil as and when required every 1-2 yrs.

Our house is very open to countryside so we get strong winds and rain.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Been building a big garden planter trough thingy from decking planks. Will be building another one if this one works out ok.

082A134A-CC1D-4837-997D-387309E1E614.jpeg

I'm no expert woodworker or gardener but once you put wet soil in them will there be a tendency for the boards to warp or bow in the middle.  Might be worth putting a support across the middle ?

Just a thought.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd use potted plants, raised off the bottom with drain holes underneath

to get rid of the possible rot problem (yup I know it's treated, but I've got

sea marina planking in my back yard and some of that's gone home)

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...