gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Just now, 4000 said:

Still at work, for now. Why? You tell me, I wish I bloody knew.

Get back on the ward!

3 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Made two StingRay control plates, one with two holes to try it passive & the other if i do need a pre

20200323_163546.jpg

I'm really interested to hear how a passive Stingray works out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ped said:

Get back on the ward!

Anybody got any straightjackets? I’m thinking of taking some in for management. 

1 minute ago, JapanAxe said:

I'm really interested to hear how a passive Stingray works out.

My old OLP was effectively a passive Stingray, give or take. Could get a pretty good Bernard Edwards tone out of it. Not much else though. 

With the new lockdown I am wondering who is gonna tell these guys to stay at home?

1569B407-5C50-40E4-9B3C-E83951C3889C.jpeg

On 18/03/2020 at 18:22, Al Krow said:

Trying to avoid incessant "junk" email from every organisation I've ever been in contact with during my career sending me details of how they are dealing with CV... 😁

I've been getting hundreds of these on my work accounts from companies i've never even heard of and most certainly haven't signed up to emails from.

Pottering on a daily basis. 

Yesterday learned Rikki don't lose that number on acoustic guitar.

It's our 47th wedding anniversary today so due to the lockdown, have just given each other last year's cards as my Mrs doesn't throw anything away.

Posted (edited)

Still in work, and wishing I could go out for a walk in the sunny weather.....

Edited by Marc S

8 minutes ago, gareth said:

06C56A06-E100-479A-8D3C-81473C5035BA.jpeg

Just 2 points...

The dust mask is on upside down and my wife prefers me using duck tape over her mouth 😷😁

• Haha 1

Walked the dog early.  Mrs Bassfinger will walk him later as her exercise.  Reading a lot.  Caught up on all my work already.  I'll go for a bicycle ride later.

Posted (edited)

Im still working from home (as usual) the missus is home. I’m in the process of dividing the house into pink and blue zones 😤

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

Been up since 7, very bright and sunny today.

Nursing what I think is a horsefly nite on my shin...might be a wasp sting, not sure.

I’m just about to make some calls to students, see how they’re getting on with work they’ve been set.

And then I’m going to do some bass videos, something I’ve not done before.

• Like 2

Just now, AndyTravis said:

I’m just about to make some calls to students, see how they’re getting on with work they’ve been set.

What do you teach?

Just now, AndyTravis said:

And then I’m going to do some bass videos, something I’ve not done before.

Looking forward to seeing these, please use the Sadowsky!!

1 minute ago, PJ-Bassist said:

What do you teach?

Looking forward to seeing these, please use the Sadowsky!!

I’m a head of year - so all pastoral care, safeguarding. But I have a cohort I’m helping with home learning - I’ve been running silly jokey debates on twitter, just to keep interaction up and hopefully keep spirits high.

Video wise...

Will see - hopefully the kids will be busy in the garden so I can do a few things.

Line 6 still haven’t resolved the issue with IOS13 and the Sonic Ports, so will unfortunately be rubbish quality x

• Like 1

Cut my grass few days ago to ensure i had something to watch over the next few weeks. Have noted that grass blade No 278 has sprouted faster than the others. On the flip side blade no. 7645 has shown no signs of growth and blade no. 13762 is still a weird shade of brown. Its totally confused me.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Cut my grass few days ago to ensure i had something to watch over the next few weeks. Have noted that grass blade No 278 has sprouted faster than the others. On the flip side blade no. 7645 has shown no signs of growth and blade no. 13762 is still a weird shade of brown. Its totally confused me.

Dave

Please keep us up dated on the progress of the grass - I can't be the only oneworried about No. 7645!

Edited by FinnDave
  • Haha 1

1st cut this morning. A bit damp but not cut short just a trim. Can't believe how much moss there is.

Delivery from Thomann due today, another due tomorrow... all the way from Germany and ordered five days ago... if it all arrives I'll be mightily impressed.

So, I should have a busy weekend upgrading pickups on my back-up bass and fitting shiny new knobs and a new bridge on my main bass. I'm really cack-handed with this sort of stuff... you will be the first to know when it all goes horribly wrong.

Also, I shall be actively trying to dissuade the band from having an online rehearsal via Zoom. It will sound sh1te. My suggestion is that they all spend their time practising, so we won't have any bum notes and blank looks when we next get together.

Also, I am putting some time aside to lust after Ashdown gear on t'interweb.

3 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Delivery from Thomann due today, another due tomorrow... all the way from Germany and ordered five days ago... if it all arrives I'll be mightily impressed.

So, I should have a busy weekend upgrading pickups on my back-up bass and fitting shiny new knobs and a new bridge on my main bass. I'm really cack-handed with this sort of stuff... you will be the first to know when it all goes horribly wrong.

Also, I shall be actively trying to dissuade the band from having an online rehearsal via Zoom. It will sound sh1te. My suggestion is that they all spend their time practising, so we won't have any bum notes and blank looks when we next get together.

Also, I am putting some time aside to lust after Ashdown gear on t'interweb.

I’m talking to Ashdown in a bit. Could be expensive this lockdown lark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m talking to Ashdown in a bit. Could be expensive this lockdown lark.

Just say NO. Once you start it will only get worse. Eventually you will be hooked on Ashdown. Its a slippery slope to addiction

Dave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

Just say NO. Once you start it will only get worse. Eventually you will be hooked on Ashdown. Its a slippery slope to addiction

Dave

Been in the trap for about 10 years. Love them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1