Left leaderboard
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Watch out for that big chicken on the beaches

Preferable to a massive c*ck

Screenshot_20200318-231354_Chrome.jpg

PS, when I typed the full word c*ck without asterisk, the BassChat spellcheck changed it to 'pink torpedo'! Which I would have thought is actually more offensive :D

Edited by Clarky
  • Haha 2

I work in a betting shop. You may have heard that all sport and racing has been cancelled. Today I sat on my own from 1530 - 2030 with nothing to do but look at my phone. Just waiting for the lockdown now. I may not have a job when we all come out the other side. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s all the hand gel he bought...slippy stuff that.

Probably rather nippy too, if it's 70% alcohol stuff O.o

1 minute ago, gjones said:

Probably rather nippy too, if it's 70% alcohol stuff O.o

Clean and stinging. But germ free (well 99.9%)

Posted (edited)

Watching people on the telly do stuff they shouldn't be doing right now!
...before realising that it ain't live.
I find my psychological response to the situation - a new thinking mode as it were - amusing.

Other than that, it's long walks and social distancing and trying to cope rationally  -  a bit hard when my b-i-l is expected to die and my mom's old and in several health risk groups, and I can't travel to them. 

Edited by BassTractor
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, gareth said:

BS conspiracy theory merchant, trying to tie it up with politics/business. Ignore. The virus definitively came from animal transmission (article from Nature attached: "Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus"). Viral pandemics have happened in the past and this will not be the last.

Besides, we need to get through this - rubbish like that offers nothing positive and l helps noone but the ego of the conspiracy theorist..

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9?sf231596998=1

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Clarky said:

BS merchant, trying to tie it up with politics/business. Ignore. The virus definitively came from animal transmission (article from Nature attached). Viral pandemics have happened in the past and this will not be the last

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9?sf231596998=1

A better link here

Edited by gareth

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gareth said:

But do you believe that with a 1.4 billion population China now has no new cases

A better link here

Of course it has cases, like Russia its probably using PR to soften reality. But the trend MUST be sharply down as the rest of the world has eyes. In any case, so what if its zero or 100, 200 or 300 cases in a country of over 1 billion. Its still a place which the rest of the world needs to get to.

Thats my final comment. Not getting into a debate over a charlatan who offers nothing positive

Edited by Clarky
  • Thanks 1

I've been doing my part for social distancing by practicing Mustang Sally at battle volume. Clears cul-de-sacs just as quickly as it clears dancefloors.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

I've been doing my part for social distancing by practicing Mustang Sally at battle volume. Clears cul-de-sacs just as quickly as it clears dancefloors.

That’s an idea

A really duff band on the back of a lorry touring the streets playing only mustang sally badly at high volume

On 18/03/2020 at 19:28, Dood said:

What was it, literally days ago I wrote how lucky I was to be able to be a professional musician?

Sod’s law 

Here’s a film to watch if you are getting bored with social isolation 

Wonderful

2 hours ago, gareth said:

Sod’s law 

Oh you’re gonna love this. I played lead guitar for many years in a band called “Sod’s Law”!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gareth said:

Sod’s law 

And this was a pic from a reunion gig.

18782434-38E7-4E77-BA93-4FA11AB7374F.jpeg

• Like 1

As we're an 80s covid band  - our last gig was after the outbreak started - we've been working up our next set of songs.

Covid set list.jpg

• Haha 2

On 18/03/2020 at 12:53, NancyJohnson said:

FB_IMG_1583915561107.jpg

Funny you should say that. I was just reading up the latest thinking on multiple universes when all this wierdness happened and it certainly fits right in. I think I now have the answer to everything and it isn't 42.  Trouble is I don't know how to get back to my old universe, just have to ride the wave and hope for a better iteration somewhere down the line.  

On 18/03/2020 at 18:22, Al Krow said:

Trying to avoid incessant "junk" email from every organisation I've ever been in contact with during my career sending me details of how they are dealing with CV... 😁

This.

About 75% of my email this week has been these. And apart from a very detailed one from the main printing company that I use, there's not been a single useful bit of information in any of them.

I am working from home as are several thousand local authority employees in my area. Asa a result, the server cannot cope and I cannot log on. I am probably getting in a few hours meaningful work a day and the rest of the time thinking 'what can I do now'. My job (Child Protection Social Worker) is based around a lot of family visits, meetings and driving so a lot of what normally happens cannot. Hence the disproportionate 'dead time'.

Otherwise, I am working on guitar reading and putting together a load of bass transcriptions for my impending Bilbo's Bass Bites transcription website. No real purpose in maintaining my gig chops are I have nothing in the diary until September.

In theory I'm working from home, in practice I'm:

1. Still going into work as the operation will run into severe problems if I don't so until operation ceases......(I am observing social distancing though)

2. Working from home when possible but with the wife and one daughter now also home working (and a cocker spaniel constantly pestering for ball throwage....) I'm concerned I may turn into a homicidal maniac.

• Haha 1