Jump to content
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gareth said:

Wondering whether this out of date 4 piece canned duck confit is safe to eat

Ive assured Mrs Gareth that Scot if the Antarctic would have had no hesitation in eating it had he and his crew been lucky enough to have a can3637B766-F1D7-4541-8700-D9D3842BAA00.jpeg.1703291d4b320606b09d7dbd53a52ffa.jpeg

There was a guy who found a tinned whole chicken From WW2 in his cupboard and ate it - he was in the paper for not dying 😂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, gareth said:

Wondering whether this out of date 4 piece canned duck confit is safe to eat

Ive assured Mrs Gareth that Scot if the Antarctic would have had no hesitation in eating it had he and his crew been lucky enough to have a can3637B766-F1D7-4541-8700-D9D3842BAA00.jpeg.1703291d4b320606b09d7dbd53a52ffa.jpeg

It'll be fine. Stick them under the grill and tuck in. Remember to keep all the fat that's in the can for your roast spuds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leschirons said:

It'll be fine. Stick them under the grill and tuck in. Remember to keep all the fat that's in the can for your roast spuds.

Thanks I was going to do this per photo and serve with bitter orange sauce, chips and peas 

CC59C7E3-E7CD-40CE-BD49-8E1F84DF55DB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gareth said:

Thanks I was going to do this per photo and serve with bitter orange sauce, chips and peas 

CC59C7E3-E7CD-40CE-BD49-8E1F84DF55DB.jpeg

Sounds delish. Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Measuring up in the new place, primarily to see what size of fridge freezer to order up.

Saw a Roe deer crossing the field in front then saw the Cormorant dropping in to land in the river, came home to feed the dogs and let them out for a run. Bak up to the new place to make a start on the grass cutting, managed to get it all including a good go at the really rough ground the far side of the sheds, next I cut back the Lavender and did a bit more butchery on the Ivy.

Wondered once again if I'd be able to buy the field in front. I'd like to make it into a real wildlife haven planting birch and Willow in the low lying wetter areas, little stands of Ash and Oak higher up, patches of Blackthorn and a glade on a kind of high hollow area. Ah well I can dream.

Edited by dave moffat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave moffat said:

Measuring up in the new place, primarily to see what size of fridge freezer to order up.

Saw a Roe deer crossing the field in front then saw the Cormorant dropping in to land in the river, came home to feed the dogs and let them out for a run. Bak up to the new place to make a start on the grass cutting, managed to get it all including a good go at the really rough ground the far side of the sheds, next I cut back the Lavender and did a bit more butchery on the Ivy.

Wondered once again if I'd be able to buy the field in front. I'd like to make it into a real wildlife haven planting birch and Willow in the low lying wetter areas, little stands of Ash and Oak higher up, patches of Blackthorn and a glade on a kind of high hollow area. Ah well I can dream.

Have fun Dave, sounds like a rural idyll, but don't underestimate how much grounds maintenance a rural plot takes.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leschirons said:

Sounds delish. Enjoy.

Yes worked out well 

Keeping the other bits for my son

1D063402-38C8-46B6-9B6B-A81FA483DF44.jpeg

20527689-E394-4450-86BA-7A32AAD48A39.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

Have fun Dave, sounds like a rural idyll, but don't underestimate how much grounds maintenance a rural plot takes.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Dumfriesshire. Yes it is an idyll only drawback is catches every breeze and turns it into a freekin' hurricane.

Had a lot of before my divorce,  ranging from albout 100 - 1200 feet.  4.5 acres of mixed woodland will be a case of driving a quad towing a flail mower now and again. Biggest issue will be keeping the deer off while it gets established. Land shouldn't be too dear as it's good for fekall - crappy gravel with a bit of soil if you look REALLY hard, bloody awful to crop and not handy to graze.

If I already owned it'd have been planted and I'd be claiming the re-wilding money by now. Only problem with that is some twonk in Embra would dictate what species I could plant, they can go self replicate.

I think I'll have to pay over the odds but it'll keep me occupied and I can manage it to suit the actual wildlife that's here not what some city certified 'expert' with a handful of 'ologys' thinks should be in some Brigadoon, Kaleyard.

Edited by dave moffat
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repainted the cat pen until i ran out of red cedar. Can't get any more locally but only some gravel boards to paint to finish it. Also re-pointed the patio and path. Knackered and sipping on a wee JD Tennessee Honey. A large one.

Day of relaxation tomorrow i reckon.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gareth said:

My old bands cd being played on the radio

 

Weird one - I came out in my garden before and my Neighbour was playing my bands EP in the sunshine while having a beer.

🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, howdenspur said:

Waiting for a Northern Network emergency gas engineer - we have a leak!

All clear!👍

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Weird one - I came out in my garden before and my Neighbour was playing my bands EP in the sunshine while having a beer.

🤷🏻‍♂️

How much did you pay him Andy ? :laugh1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

How much did you pay him Andy ? :laugh1:

His mrs upset me the most...

”I didn’t know you were actually in a proper band, I thought you just messed about in the house”

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

His mrs upset me the most...

”I didn’t know you were actually in a proper band, I thought you just messed about in the house”

Ouch !!!!

That's enough to keep any ego in check and certainly puts a musician in his place. :laugh1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Ouch !!!!

That's enough to keep any ego in check and certainly puts a musician in his place. :laugh1:

Once (while working a guitar shop) we’d more or less finished up for the day, we’d done everything we needed to do, myself and 2 other employees worked on a cover of “let’s dance” for a gig we had that night. There were 6 other staff in and no customers.

5 minutes before close a lady storms in, and for whatever reason picked me...”when you’ve stopped living out your sad little fantasy gig, I’d like some help...”

she’d walked past 2 members of staff to say this. I suppose I made eye contact.

I never played in the shop after that.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tore down a shed, built a new base under a grape trellis, rebuilt the shed

so nice relaxing Sunday at our house 

idiot stepson still in bed #boneofcontention he left the front door unlocked last night #idiot and left the kitchen door wide open so the dogs ran into the lounge and set the house alarm off at stupid o’clock #idiot 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

I tore down a shed, built a new base under a grape trellis, rebuilt the shed

so nice relaxing Sunday at our house 

idiot stepson still in bed #boneofcontention he left the front door unlocked last night #idiot and left the kitchen door wide open so the dogs ran into the lounge and set the house alarm off at stupid o’clock #idiot 

Guaranteed that your Mrs will blame you though.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trying to find a song that was on an early Quo album part of the lyrics (well into the song) went "So I owned up to my maker and I started to say a prayer, It was when I asked for nothing, I could feel that there was somebody there". Always struck me as very un Quo but a good 'worship' song but maybe too headbangy which is probably why it got lost in the mists of time, very sad. If I was in a worship band (or whatever they're called) I'd be punting for that to be in the set even if only to see the jaws drop as we went into a typical Quo intro. Another I'd punt for would be Lay Down (Strawbs) which borrows a lot from Palm 23.

Edited by dave moffat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...